• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CoreSync.exe ruining bandwidth

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had terrible internet for months now and have found that the problem is coresync.exe  hogging all the internet so that it affects the internet speed for all devices using the WiFi not just my own. I have found similar forums with same problem and have tried the following - delete all cloud documents from device and on the cloud itself, uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe creative cloud and all programs, pause syncing to cloud, change syncing speed to 25% instead of 100%. Nothing has worked I still can't use the WiFi on my computer it also doesn't seem to matter if I turn Adobe creative cloud off/ any programs off on my computer it still seems to affect it. But when I uninstalled Adobe it worked fine. If I'm connected to internet and go to task manager, performance, open resource monitor, network there is always CoreSync.exe sending a lot of stuff. 

How do I stop it, I don't even want to use the cloud. Before deleting everything from cloud, Photoshop said all cloud docs were synced up and there was about 3GB in there. So I don't understand what it's even trying to send??

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Core Sync is responsible for syncing data between your machine and Creative Cloud account. It also manages and syncs your fonts and Creative Cloud Libraries in other Adobe apps. Additionally, Core Sync syncs cloud documents created in applications like Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator. 

if you pause file syncing, delete cloud documents* and turn off adobe fonts (file>preferences>services)**, does you bandwidth recover?

kglad_0-1615386475577.png

kglad_1-1615386561007.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, I've tried all of the above and still no improvements 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Katieh, which operating system are you using? If you are running Windows, then see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/coresync-is-using-high-cpu-on-my-windows-machine-.html for possible steps to resolve high CPU usage of the CoreSync process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I am using windows. I have gone through these steps and can confirm the coresync .exe is in correct location and is therefor genuine. Should I try deleting the genuine coresync if I don't plan to use the cloud or will that cause problems? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don't try to remove components manually. Manually deleting files can leave the computer in an unexpected state that could be difficult to resolve.

For your next steps, please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that direct assistance can be provided to determine why the Coresync process is utilizing so many resources.

For additional information on what the background processes are used for, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines