• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CoreSync.exe using all bandwidth

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started a new Creative Cloud account after having another one set up on this computer (Windows 10).  Ever since then, I have been noticing massive connectivity issues across our whole network.  Upon looking at Resource Monitor, I have come to see that CoreSync.exe is constantly uploading data.  From within the Creative Cloud App, pausing sync restores internet service to the rest of my network.

When I right-click the CC icon in the notification area, it always says "0.57% of 100GB," never increasing.  Actually, my Creative Cloud folder is only 3.75 GB in size.

It may also be noteworthy that the the folder location that I use for syncing is C:\Users\admin\Creative Cloud Files.. but when I go to the Creative Cloud Preferences within the app, it gives me C:\Users

admin.

Windows 10 Home

Creative Cloud 4.5.0.331

Creative Cloud Sync 2.4.6.82

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

This issue eventually resolved itself after the Cloud folder finished syncing.  It took about a week to sync the 4GB folder, but once it finished, our network speeds returned to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Would you be able to collect and upload log files from your system?

Here is a link to an article about the tool with a link to download it.

Log Collector Tool

The tool will create a zip file on the desktop of all the log files. Please could you send us your logs (punaggar@adobe.com) using the tool.

Engineering may have some additional questions but this will help us get started.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for sharing the logs. This looks like an issue related to AutoProxy.

Could you please try solution provided at Network Troubleshooting. Please let me know if you encounter any problem in following the steps mentioned in the link.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the steps listed at that link, and each step seemed to pass without issue.  I didn't see anything at that link that referenced "AutoProxy" however. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

The link does contain some heads about proxy servers and firewall settings. Could you please try them, if not tried earlier.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the link you gave, CTRL+F shows three uses of the word "proxy"

The instructions say "Disable authentication proxy servers. If your computer is behind an authorization proxy server, disable it. For instructions, consult your network administrator or your proxy server documentation." and " Check firewall settings.  If your computer is behind a firewall, make sure that the firewall is not blocking the activation server through ports 80 and 443.  For instructions on allowing access to the activation server, consult your network administrator or your home network’s firewall documentation. Note: If your firewall requires an executable, specify PDApp.exe, located here: Windows: Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core"

1. I checked internet options in Internet Explorer. Connections-> LAN Settings-> Proxy Server box is UNchecked.  We do not use a proxy server on this network.

2. Both ports 80 and 443 are open. In internet explorer, I tested http://www.microsoft.com:80/  and https://www.microsoft.com:443

and they both go through with no problem.

3. My PC uses Windows Defender by default. I do not know how to check if my firewall requires an executable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue eventually resolved itself after the Cloud folder finished syncing.  It took about a week to sync the 4GB folder, but once it finished, our network speeds returned to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for confirming that issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines