• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CoreSync fails to sync assets (OSX Yosemite)

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

When opening the asset tab in Create Cloud, I am presented with a never-ending spinner.

After some tedious digging, I finally found a relevant log entry:

20150622-161347.437: t=130f: Warning: AppDelegate: Unable to read/write the user preferences plist, attempting to fix permissions (AppDelegate.mm.-[AppDelegate initSettings].170)

20150622-161347.438: t=130f: Error: AppDelegate: Failed to make user preference plist readable & writable, terminating (AppDelegate.mm.-[AppDelegate initSettings].180)

Of course, the application doesn't tell you this, nor does it tell you it hit any sort of terminating error. Oh no, it just spins along happily, making you think it's actually doing something.

Even after finding the relevant log entry, it seems almost impossible to figure out what the actual offending plist file is. 90% of Adobe's solutions entail "reinstall everything", which is just not an option for me (and pretty terrible support on the corporate level).

So if at all possible, is there any way I can figure out where this plist file is located, or just it's name so I can find it myself?

I'd like to add it's pretty remarkable that even on a locked-down system like OSX, you guys can't manage to get something this simple working. And if it fails, how about you actually tell the user about it? Search these forums and you'll find a good amount of "please e-mail me your log file", which is horrendous in terms of support. You are essentially making it impossible for anyone else who encounters  the exact same problem to follow up without specific hand-holding in regards to these log files.

I am so glad my employer pays for this non-service instead of me. Then they can deal with the double-billing issues. Imagine if you guys weren't in such a monopolistic position...

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

I suspect the file in question is com.adobe.accmac.plist which is located in ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.accmac.plist.

If you go to your Library folder (in Finder, go to the "go" menu and hold down the option/alt key and then choose Library from the menu) and then into the Preferences folder, you should find the file there. Try moving it to the the desktop and then logging out and back in and then try again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the file in question is com.adobe.accmac.plist which is located in ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.accmac.plist.

If you go to your Library folder (in Finder, go to the "go" menu and hold down the option/alt key and then choose Library from the menu) and then into the Preferences folder, you should find the file there. Try moving it to the the desktop and then logging out and back in and then try again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and this worked! Thanks. Do I have to leave the file on my desktop from now on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that helped! You can delete the copy that's on your desktop now - a new "clean" version will have been created in your Prefs folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much, this solved a problem that I have been struggling with for a few weeks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines