• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CoreSyncCustomHook has stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this message a number of times each day. Here is the crash info if that is any help:

CoreSyncCustomHook has stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: CoreSyncCustomHook.exe

Application Version: 2.4.1.530

Application Timestamp: 596dbd79

Fault Module Name: StackHash_81e1

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: 00000000

Exception Offset: 00000000

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 81e1

Additional Information 2: 81e1abb6bc6004bfabbf4ebe846bca34

Additional Information 3: b199

Additional Information 4: b1999ae605f2a646226b30555befe9fd

I looked through the forums and support FAQs and found a thread from 2014/15 that was similar. One of the proffered solutions was to disable syncing of files and/or fonts, but when I open Creative Cloud preferences those options are grayed out, even when I run as administrator. I've tried de-installing and installing CC but to no avail.

Running on Win7 Pro, HP z240 workstation, PS CC and Bridge installed. I had the same software on my previous system; just got this one last week, all updates installed.

Thanks,

Dick

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

The Bitdefender Safe Files setting is definitely the answer; I won't miss it. Also, it's interesting that I am now able once again to change the CC preferences for turning on/off sync of files and fonts. I guess the only remaining question is why did these problems not occur with my old system that had AFAIK exactly the same software running?

Many thanks to everyone who helped fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Creative Cloud forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there anything unusual about your installation?  eg, installing on a virtual drive or any non-default settings?

if not:

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a very plain vanilla installation. I'd like not to uninstall/reinstall everything right now, but will as a last resort.

However, I would like to try turning off syncing to see if that helps as a quick fix; I don't really need font syncing anyway. Can anyone explain why the options to turn them off are not allowed  in the CC app? Both file and font syncing are shown "On" but grayed out so they can't be changed, even as admin user.

Thanks,

Dick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Could you please send the complete crash log? Also it would really help if you can elaborate a little more on this?

• When do you see this crash? While installing or just anytime during the day? Or while doing anything in particular?
  • Could you please try logging out of Creative Cloud and logging in again ?
  • Have you installed Creative Cloud with any user other than admin user?

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Event Log entry; is there a separate crash log? (Sorry I can't figure out how to attach it):

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          8/8/2017 8:24:27 AM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      Dick-HP

Description:

Faulting application name: CoreSyncCustomHook.exe, version: 2.4.1.530, time stamp: 0x596dbd79

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0x00000000

Fault offset: 0x00000000

Faulting process id: 0xdb8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d31049a84660f2

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Sync\CoreSync\customhook\CoreSyncCustomHook.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: e65e09b2-7c3c-11e7-af53-a08cfdf054ae

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-08-08T13:24:27.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>3649</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Dick-HP</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>CoreSyncCustomHook.exe</Data>

<Data>2.4.1.530</Data>

<Data>596dbd79</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>00000000</Data>

<Data>00000000</Data>

<Data>00000000</Data>

<Data>db8</Data>

<Data>01d31049a84660f2</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Sync\CoreSync\customhook\CoreSyncCustomHook.exe</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>e65e09b2-7c3c-11e7-af53-a08cfdf054ae</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I always see it right after restarting the system, then occasionally during the day, not doing anything in particular.

Tried logging out and back in, and immediately got the same failure.

I initially installed it initially as normal user, but I am by default the admin as the only user. Later de-installed and installed as admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the exact same problem, exact same problem signature.  Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, CC has been installed for over two years with only minor hiccups in that time.  All updates have been applied as received.

In my case nothing has changed that would indicate this is because of a new install, changes or any other reasons.  I too do not intend to just uninstall everything  and reinstall as it takes hours and there is still no guarantee it will work.

Any possibility this is from a recent CC update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. All I know is that on my old system (Asus desktop) that this one (HP workstation) replaced, I was running the exact same set of software with all updates and no such failures. I take that back, the old one had Win7 Home and the new one is Win7 Pro. I was basically running them side by side for several days while I migrated everything over. Of course the new system is by a different manufacturer and some drivers, etc., are also different. I updated all the drivers as per instructions, and all of a sudden the HP-provided mouse wasn't recognized by the Microsoft mouse utility, so had to back up to the old version, so lots of weird things happen in the software world that we mortals can't understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Could you please collect the dump by running the below registry setting to get the dump file generated at the path %LOCALAPPDATA%/CrashDumps and share us the  dump available at that path related to coresync executable.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows
Error Reporting\LocalDumps]

"DumpFolder"=hex(2):25,00,4c,00,4f,00,43,00,41,00,4c,00,41,00,50,00,50,00,44,\

00,41,00,54,00,41,00,25,00,5c,00,43,00,72,00,61,00,73,00,68,00,44,00,75,00,\

6d,00,70,00,73,00,00,00

"DumpCount"=dword:00000010

"DumpType"=dword:00000002

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Thanks a lot for the crash dump. It would really help the engineering team. Could you also please send the logs from your system using Log Collector Tool ?

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for all the details. I will forward all of this information to engineering team and they should soon be able to analyse the issue and find a solution. I will keep you posted with any information I have on it.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Do you have Bitdefender anti virus installed on this machine? If yes, could you please try disabling it for sometime until Creative cloud completes its full installation?

If you still see the crash, please let me know.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have Bitdefender. I disabled it and there was no failure on a subsequent restart. You may be on to something; I'll keep an eye on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have Bitdefender installed.  I disabled it and no longer getting the failure.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've narrowed it down by disabling Bitdefender's "Safe Files" feature, which protects against ransomware attacks at boot time. I haven't gotten the failure with this turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Bitdefender Safe Files setting is definitely the answer; I won't miss it. Also, it's interesting that I am now able once again to change the CC preferences for turning on/off sync of files and fonts. I guess the only remaining question is why did these problems not occur with my old system that had AFAIK exactly the same software running?

Many thanks to everyone who helped fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got same problem as well. Guess the answer is plain. Adobe CC 2017 is a virus after all. I really appreciate support. But disabling antivirus ? What solution is that ? Adobe, Is there anything else I can serve you with ? Keys to my house perhaps ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ErwinMichael

Sorry for the problem you are facing.

Disabling antivirus was just a workaround to unblock from this issue which was not letting user to use sync services properly. We have identified some issues from our side due to which this crash was seen. We are trying to fix these known issues from our side and should soon be getting the fix out.

Do you also have Bitdefender or some other antivirus? If it is some other anti virus, could you please let us know about it? And could you also please share the logs so that we know which other process might be interfering with our process?

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for info. I am using BitDefender. Adobe install log is here:

https://assets.adobe.com/link/885c18ac-48c9-4f01-62f9-b21a79f76818?section=activity_public

Regards

Michal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the log files. I will send it to the engineering team. But presence of BitDefender indicates the same issue as Richard in this thread was having.

Will keep you posted on this.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm also getting the same error.  I completely flattened and reinstalled my copy of Windows 7 and reinstalled all the software from new.  Ever since then I've been getting this error and having searched I came across this thread - and yes, when I rebuilt I installed Bitdefender for the first time !!

Has anyone come up with a solution to this yet, short of disabling my AV which, as mentioned above is not a solution?  I have tried listing CoreSyncCustomHook.exe as a trusted application in Bitdefender but it still crashes.

Many thanks

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines