• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not enable sync after changing account

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I recently changed jobs, but kept the same laptop, and as such have a new login for Creative Cloud. Everything's working fine, other than the fact that I get the "could not enable sync" message with:

"Creative Cloud needs to rename your folder "Creative Cloud Files" to enable syncing. Please close any open documents or restart your machine and try again"

I have tried restarting, no difference. I noticed that in my user folder there's a new folder created at each time I retry this process, and that that folder (and the main creative cloud folder in there) have my old work email address affixed to the front of the folder name.

It's no big deal at the moment, as I'm currently only using it on this laptop, but will be using another computer soon as well. One more thing - clicking the "Creative Cloud Files" folder within windows explorer gives a "location is not available" error as well, so I can't currently get in there. I had moved any files I was worried about before I created my new account, so I'm not worried about losing anything from my old account.

Thanks again

John

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

I'm currently just doing guesswork...

Next guess would be to uninstall CC (at least the app, may be all the CC programs), use CC-Cleaner (Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems ) and reinstall the Desktop app.

If the directory survives all the effort, try again to delete after having uninstalled all files after having run the CC Cleaner Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding you well, you have got a new Adobe-id. Well the data connected to your old Adobe id (especially the creative cloud files) need to be taken out of the way for CC to be able to create the new structure and syncing the new files to the cloud space.

As you have saved your data, you can simply delete the data related to your old id and start with a new and clean data set.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo

Yep, I have a new Adobe ID.

I've tried deleting the folder that I find in my users folder but it doesn't appear to have any effect. I don't seem to be able to delete the link for "Creative Cloud Files" from windows explorer - there's no delete option in the right-click context menu and if I click on it directly, it doesn't actually open, I just get an error saying it's unavailable?

Do you know how I can effectively delete the data related to the old ID? It's driving me a little nuts!

Thanks again

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kill all Adobe related jobs or boot in restricted mode and delete or move the directory out of the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo

Unfortunately, this isn't helping.

The actual folder that the shortcut link in windows explorer is attempting to reach doesn't exist. I've attached some screenshots that hopefully help explain the issue.

So the first is after I've clicked on the Creative Cloud Files link in my windows explorer window - it says the folder can't be found and the second is the folder in which the Creative Cloud Files folder should exist... but doesn't. You can see the folder there "[E-mail deleted by mod]'s Creative Cloud Files" - that's my old ID, is an empty "hidden" folder and deleting this makes no difference.

Screenshot 2018-08-16 11.40.48.jpg

In fact, if I delete this, as soon as Creative Cloud starts, or I click the "retry" button (screenshot 3 below) another folder is created... and each time after that if I click retry a duplicate is created with the same folder name but with a number in brackets after.

Screenshot 2018-08-16 11.46.29.jpg

I feel like I'm running myself in circles!

Thanks again

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rmb->properties (on Creative Cloud Files). Where does that point to? "C:\users\John\Creative Cloud Files"?

RMB->Remove (on Creative Cloud Files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The location is showing "C:\users\John\" but there's not really any additional information available in there. Right click only gives the following options:

Screenshot 2018-08-16 14.29.11.png

Clicking expand opens the error shown previously.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again for your support on this

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's look somewhere else:

The CC desktop app has as a Menu entry. Click that, go to preferences and choose Creative Cloud-Files. Where does the folder location point to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't access that menu - going to the "Creative Cloud > Files" section in preferences just gives me the same "Could not enable sync message" I'm getting as before! Thanks for trying Abambo, I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently just doing guesswork...

Next guess would be to uninstall CC (at least the app, may be all the CC programs), use CC-Cleaner (Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems ) and reinstall the Desktop app.

If the directory survives all the effort, try again to delete after having uninstalled all files after having run the CC Cleaner Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Abambo... I to uninstall the Creative Cloud App itself, but had a pop up telling me I had to uninstall all related apps first 😞 so I've just gone through that, removed all apps and then removed the Creative Cloud app itself, run through the cleanup using the additional tool you mentioned, selecting all the options to just clear everything entirely and I'm now in the process of reinstalling it all.

I'd started this post as a "yay its worked" reply as the folder has now gone from file explorer... HOWEVER, in attempting to reinstall Creative Cloud, I'm now getting an error saying it needs to be repaired! If I can't get this reinstalled I'm suddenly without the tools I need to actually perform my job!!!! Currently sitting at 69%....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallelujah Ambabo - I'm up and running again with a working file sync. Only took removing every trace of Adobe from my system and starting again

Thanks for your support in this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

johnp79016442  wrote

Hallelujah Ambabo

Great! I've learned a lot in this. Thanks for your excellent feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines