Crash every minute or so after automatic update to 2.1.0.108 - Adobe Core Sync

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running on OS X 10.10.3

Gives the following crash information

Process:               Core Sync [577]

Path:                  /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/*/Core Sync.app/Contents/MacOS/Core Sync

Identifier:            com.adobe.accmac

Version:               1.4.0.297 (1.4.0.297)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Core Sync [577]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2015-06-11 16:18:20.063 -0600

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.10.3 (14D136)

Report Version:        11

Anonymous UUID:        893CA0AE-1FA9-479D-EBB5-01FEB328D009

Time Awake Since Boot: 240 seconds

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Hello all,

If you are experiencing CoreSync errors after installing the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application. Please run the Creative Cloud desktop app uninstaller available at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html.  Then download the updated Creative Cloud desktop app here and install. https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

You can find more details regarding the recent update in the release notes available at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Error message popping up every minute. It's hard to get anything done with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried to turn off the File Sync preference in the Creative Cloud desktop app?

regards,

steve

FileSyncOff.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing a few reports of problems with the new CreativeCloud app update.

We are still investigating these issues and will post updates when we have more information.

Based on what we've seen so far, here are some workarounds for the known issues:

1) Delete ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/*.db*  (should be 3 or 4 files, but could be more if you have multiple accounts signing into CreativeCloud)

2) Click on the Creative Cloud Files link in the Finder (left side, under Favorites) - the OS will see that it's a bad link and should remove it from Favorites and replace it almost immediately with a working link.

Let me know if these help or not, so we can provide additional information if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tnx, Chris, solved my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't suppose you have a workaround for the same problem on the Windows platform? I updated my Creative Cloud at work today (Windows7) and started getting "Core Sync has stopped working" every 75 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vjeko,

The above method can also be used on Windows if you continue to see the crash. The .db files are located in a different location on Windows.

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason and Rune,

Could you try simply uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud app? I'm wondering if the permissions might have somehow become damaged.

I'd recommend going into the Creative Cloud app preferences and in the General section disable the launch at login option

After that, reboot the Mac and use the uninstaller from within the Creative Cloud folder in Applications

You may need to use the uninstaller if you are told its needed for installed products https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

or use the cleaner tool to remove it Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6

Please post back if you're still having difficulties after doing so.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David, sorted. Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Chris, Sorted me out too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't resolved my issue. I am currently experiencing this:

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to have resolved itself once I restarted the app and pointed it to a new (the existing) Creative Cloud folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find any CoreSync folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/. Can it be somewhere else? The error window pops up every 20 seconds now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder is there.

Make sure you are looking in your ~/Library, not in the system /Library folder.

(and apparently Ken is faster at finding help documents than I am -- see his following post on how to find the ~/Library folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Chris. I'm feeling stupid now. I'm not sure how to find this. Is it Macintosh HD->....???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe help article on several ways to show the user library on Mac OS X: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Here is a post I made with screenshots showing the two different libraries on Mac OS X: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7500256#7500256

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that fixed it for me on a Windows install, although it was little more complicated than that for me.  I had to stop/kill CoreSync first to delete the relevant files, then wait for the CC application to restart the service before sync was restored.  In the meantime, CC had made a dozen copies of the Creative Cloud Files folder, one for every time it attempted unsuccessfully to start up during the breakage.  The original folder was appended with (unknown) (1) - each subsequent failed copy incremented that last number.  When working again, the correctly named folder is being synced from empty, meaning all files have to be recreated.  Hopefully they were all in sync prior to the breakdown.

Also, my sync folder was located in a non default location on a secondary drive.  I wonder if everyone with this problem shares that or if it's unrelated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method worked for me.  Running MacOS X 10.10.3 with admin privileges…

1)  Quit Creative Cloud app

2)  Delete ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/*.db*  (should be 3 or 4 files, but could be more if you have multiple accounts signing into CreativeCloud) (As noted by Chris Cox) with terminal commands:

cd ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

rm *.db*

3)  Click on the Creative Cloud Files link in the Finder (left side, under Favorites) - the OS will see that it's a bad link and should remove it from Favorites and replace it almost immediately with a working link. (As noted by Chris Cox)

4)  Search for CoreSync running process with terminal command:

ps -ef |grep CoreSync

Example output

501  4759     1   0  5:57PM ??         0:00.82 /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/CoreSync/Core Sync.app/Contents/MacOS/Core Sync

501  4760  4759   0  5:57PM ??         0:02.17 /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/CoreSync/Core Sync.app/…..{lots of stuff}     

501  5252  4868   0  6:29PM ttys000    0:00.00 grep CoreSync

kill 4759 {match to the processes on your computer}

kill 4760

5)  Start Creative Cloud - Sync of many files to begin…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This help for my situation! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jason

Our engineering team would like to look deeper into this issue. Could you collect the log files for this issue for us to review? Then once you have the logs files. Can you upload the files in a single zip file to your Creative Cloud account and share the link with us here?  Here is a link to show how to upload your files and share them. Creative Cloud Help | Share files and folders  & Online file storage and sharing | Creative Cloud Assets

They log files are located at;

Mac:

The log file can be found here:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CloudSync/CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later

see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-f iles.html

Windows:

The log file can be found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CloudSync\CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Your help is appreciated.

Regards

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://adobe.ly/1QZf08R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

If you are experiencing CoreSync errors after installing the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application. Please run the Creative Cloud desktop app uninstaller available at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html.  Then download the updated Creative Cloud desktop app here and install. https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

You can find more details regarding the recent update in the release notes available at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html.

Regards

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Scott, done it and it’s worked, Much appreciated, Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines