• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Client Mac duplicate complete folders for no reason

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a 330 pages complex projects, each page has his own folder (Page Folder) which contain one, two or three sub-folder (Part folder) containing part of the page.

To simplify the management ,16 pages are grouped into one folder (Forme Folder).

I started recently using Creative Cloud Drive to back-up this project and sync it with my laptop.

My problem is very strange, when assembling the final page, I have to move several Part Folders Into their appropriate page folder, then assemble the page with the content of the Part Folder.

I do my work which take about 20 minutes for 16 pages, then I have to print them (have to take a coffee while waiting for the printout), when finish, I look into the Page Folders, everything looks fine except for one Page folder which now contains a duplicate of all the Part Folders (and containing files) of this 16-page sections.

Which means that it duplicate all my files, and upload/download all the files twice on each computer  (lots of data transfer).

Even worst, when I delete those duplicate folders, Creative Cloud now refuse to sync all my original Part Folders. Meaning my two computers are not synced anymore.

I'm working on a MacPro 2008 and a MacBook Po Retina, with Yosemite 10.10.5, using Adobe Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6 and Indesign C6 (most recent update installed), both computer a wired connected to the router.

Since the installation of the Creative Cloud Files on both computer I never used the laptop, it was always on and awoke every day for the simple purpose to let Creative Cloud Files be synced. Meaning, there's no conflict between the two computer since nobody is working on those files/folders.

I'll have to stop using Creative Cloud Drive, since my Data transfer bill will jump way too high, not counting all the HD space and time I'm losing.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HadiHassaoui:

Thanks for your post and apologies for the inconvenience. We want to investigate your issue and provide the solution ASAP.  Could you please use the log collector tool (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html) in your 2 computers and send the zip file on desktop to me at SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com?

Could you please provide a screenshot of a duplicated of all the Part Folders of this 16-page sections in the Creative Cloud Files Folder if possible? Or the specific name of the files or folders which were duplicated?

And please kindly provide the information as below in the email:

• Adobe ID
  • Forum post link

Best Regards.

Lin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two e-mails have been sent with requested files and informations.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines