• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud App and Font Sync

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that if I don't have the CC app running I don't have access to my TypeKit fonts in any of my apps. Is this the way it’s supposed to work? I normally have the CC app turned off because it’s a major memory hog but I guess my primary questions is will I have access to the TypeKit fonts if my internet connection goes down? I don’t mind running the CC app whenever I need access to the fonts but if it’s sync’d via internet connection then the TypeKit fonts aren’t a viable option with client projects if connectivity goes down in the middle of a project deadline and the fonts can’t be accessed.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Hi Grafxman,

I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. The fonts should sync and work offline though you will need to have the Creative Cloud app running.

If you have the app running and you're still seeing the error, please drop us a line at: support@typekit.com and we can look into this for you.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK just tried it out and I DO NOT have access to the fonts if the internet connection is down. Might be a good idea to let people know this. The TypeKit font sync is of no value if I can’t access the fonts used in client projects when I need them internet connection or no connection.

Additional Info:
Photoshop CC reports missing fonts (TypeKit fonts) when internet connection is down – or – CC app isn’t running. Can’t edit the missing fonts.

Win 7 machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grafxman,

I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. The fonts should sync and work offline though you will need to have the Creative Cloud app running.

If you have the app running and you're still seeing the error, please drop us a line at: support@typekit.com and we can look into this for you.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all my CC apps on a workstation which only connects to the net when needed (eg to authent CC membership) so the Creative Cloud app is therefore off-line - which means fonts won't sync. The font service is consequently largely useless. Why not just allow CC members to download these fonts properly? Surely Adobe are not using this as a revenue stream!?

Rob

PS Or let the fonts continue to exist off line and reauthenticate when the user has to checkin as usual for his CC membership. As it is the service is flawed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into the same issue, I hate using the Creative Cloud App as it is a major system hog even with an i7, this is very lame Adobe... adobe cloud is like an unrefined Dropbox which already has cloud issues and even with a fast internet noticably slowes everything. Creative Cloud at work running in the background kills our dual Xeon Mac Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Having the same problem.  I have the fonts synced and after 3 trials, the fonts in photoshop will still not load and say they're missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TypeKit SUCKS!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines