Creative Cloud applications saving multiple numbered files

New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I just recently broke down and moved from my old creative suite to subscription upgrade. Here's the problem. Whenever I am working on a photoshop file (also noticed  in InDesign), the system starts saving a numbered version of the files. Basically, I work on a regular .psd file and save periodically as I go and it accumulates a series of numbered copies in the original folder such as filename 1.psd, filename 2.psd, filename 3.psd, etc. instead of simply saving over the old version. I'm using iCloud. I am thinking maybe the document shifting from local hosting to iCloud while I am working on it and Photoshop is not then able to sync with it. Assuming I am diagnosing correctly, where is the setting to allow my apps to sync documents properly with iCloud? Thanks!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud applications saving multiple numbered files

New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I just recently broke down and moved from my old creative suite to subscription upgrade. Here's the problem. Whenever I am working on a photoshop file (also noticed  in InDesign), the system starts saving a numbered version of the files. Basically, I work on a regular .psd file and save periodically as I go and it accumulates a series of numbered copies in the original folder such as filename 1.psd, filename 2.psd, filename 3.psd, etc. instead of simply saving over the old version. I'm using iCloud. I am thinking maybe the document shifting from local hosting to iCloud while I am working on it and Photoshop is not then able to sync with it. Assuming I am diagnosing correctly, where is the setting to allow my apps to sync documents properly with iCloud? Thanks!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 13, 2020 0

Have something to add?