• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Causes other applications to crash

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New build computer, Win 10 Latest version and updates.

After some experimentation, I've found the Creative Cloud is causing most other programs on my computer to crash within 3 seconds of execution. 

Programs that will fail when Creative Cloud is installed, Battlefield 4 and 5, Tomb Raider, Star Trek Online, Ryzen Master, Cinebench, and 3DMark.

Programs that will continue to run, Tweak II, Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Chrome.

Creative Cloud will ask every system boot to be repaired.

I removed Creative Cloud and I no longer have any software issues. I reinstall it and the issues come back. I uninstall it again and the issues go away again. I did this cycle 4 times with the same result.

Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Js52885772, please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html to discover the source of the instability.

Alternatively, if it is a new computer, you can revert to factory settings and start the setup process again. This time make sure to be very careful and methodical as the software is installed on the computer.  Please keep track of each title, especially critical titles, and see how they perform before installing the next software title.

Some of the worst computer issues I have seen have been on new computers, where applications and files were moved from an old computer.  Not sure if this applies to you, but it is the most common cause of new computers not being stable for use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a complete wipe of the partition and reinstallation of Windows. I did carefully and methodically reinstall software. The result was, after I installed Creative Cloud, most other programs crash within 3 seconds of execution.

I suspect it is related to the file "CoreSync_x64.dll"

This file and it's associated folders in the "Common Files" part of windows wouldn't uninstall or delete. I had to change their permissions and delete them manually in safe mode. 

Also, I tried the Creative Cloud Uninstall tool on two attempts and it ended with 'Creative Cloud Uninstalled with errors.' Is there a log file somewhere that lists the errors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, Js52885772, then please download and run the CC Log Collector Tool from http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and begin a chat interaction at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that your specific configuration can be reviewed.

For future viewers of this discussion, I would recommend you begin with installing Adobe and any other critical applications and then work your way from there.  If the Adobe apps are crashing with nothing but the operating system and basic security software installed, then you may be looking at hardware problems with the computer itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines