Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud causing BSOD

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ever since installing the creative cloud ive been facing numerous BSOD which where giving all kinds of errors.

after disableing everything adobe related program on start up the issues seemd resolved but as soon as i  try to use any adobe product on my pc it simply crashes after a while.

Yes. i have the latest windows updates and the latetst driver updates. no a power plan change did not fix this.

i have attached 3 dmp files and i honestly hope somebody can help me figure this out 

https://we.tl/t-ZC5Lycl0GE  <--- Dump files

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nevervand.

Did you find out what the issue was? Also interested to know whether any of your crashes were DPC_WATCHDOG errors?

Thanks 😀

Forgetting more than I learn - I wish I was younger! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Facing exact the same issue here. Recently bought a new PC, Ryzen 5 3600,Windows 10 home 64bit,32 GB 3200 memory. After installing Windows on it, with latest drivers and nothing else I can run stress tests without any issue. 

Then installing Adobe CC and I design the system becomes buggy and crashes with BSOD's. 

I found that, debugging the dump file using windbg, that 'Adobe helper.exe" took lot of resources and caused that particular crash. .

At last decided to de install CC and Indesign but I need it for my job... So a bit stuck.

I will try to create a virtual system using VirtualBox and install CC on it... 

Any other suggestions perhaps?

Greetings Ronald 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an absolute rule of Windows that an ordinary app cannot cause a BSOD - unless there is a bug in Windows, a bug in a driver, or a hardware fault. Windows, in effect, claims to be "bulletproof", and if a bullet goes through a bulletproof window, then it is not a fault with the bullet.

Adobe apps make much more use of the GPU than most apps, so the video driver would be the first thing to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had crashing problems on a Dell high spec laptop. Extended memory test - PASS, Dell diagnostics - PASS, reinstall windows and everything else - still crashing. Coudn't get a dump file to analyse though.

Had the extended warranty. New mobo and SSDs installed, reinstall Windows and software, no problems since....

Maybe no help and not your situation but just so you know 🙂

Forgetting more than I learn - I wish I was younger! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've googled some more and found a link which said that the energy consumption of Adobe could be too high.

Have done 3 things and since (all day now) haven't had any BSOD's. (Worked on my book in Adobe Indesign all day, played a Steam game, got Youtube on all day for music) :

- In my BIOS changed the CPU voltage from AUTO to some bit more than 1.4 voltage (which is default for an AMD 3600). I believe its 1.465 now.

- Changed Syncing in Creative Cloud Desktop. (Preferences, Syncing) and set Syncing to Pauze. On startup it will stay on Pauze.

- Changed Energy settings of Windows (Settings, Power, Power & Sleep) and changed both Screen and Sleep to 'Never'. Also set Performance and Energy to 'Best performance'.

Now I don't know which of these helped so far that my PC doesnt crahs but for now it seems to work all fine! btw, have runned 'Stress test' of my hardware for an hour and all fine.

Perhaps these steps can be of any help for someone else. If I got a BOSD again I'll post it here.

Greetings Ronald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly, Adobe software is written to use as much of your computer as it possibly can - multiple CPUs, GPUs, all working flat out when they have a job to do. This is Adobe's job - they can hardly say "we hold back from using all the computer in case it fails". Similarly no computer maker says "we make a powerful computer but don't use it all, in case it fails". If it does fail (perhaps from overheating) this is a system or hardware fault. The fault could be as shipped, or in some cases it could result from activities like overclocking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ronald, I am sorry for all the difficulties you encounter with your recently purchased Windows 10 computer.  From your most recent post, it seems like you have to implement quite a bit of custom settings to make the computer perform well with Adobe apps.

I would second, Gembrain's advice and encourage you to contact the PC manufacturer to verify these adjustments are necessary.  You may want to look at returning the computer as Adobe desktop applications will only continue to increase in their complexity and their demands on computer hardware.

Please bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html , which provides links to the system requirements for each of the Adobe Desktop apps included with a Creative Cloud membership.  You can use these requirements as a guide in your discussions with any computer manufacturers to help ensure you obtain a computer that will take full advantage of a Creative Cloud membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for your response.

Its a self-built system. The components combined as adviced by a Tech-site. I've built it, Windows 10 on it, installed several steam games. Got a 49" 5120:1440 monitor on it and all games run at highest settings without any issues. Stress tests all work without any issues (CPU-Z for example).

Since I installed Adobe CC the BSOD's appeared. Decided to re-install Windows, did all above again and again after installing CC it went wrong. Then re-installed Windows and installed CC clean on it, no games or other applications and got the BSOD's right away..

Then debugged the memory.dmp file in C:/Windows using the Windbg tool and found the boot was caused by helper.exe which was an Adobe service running...

This was all prior to my last post where I decided to change some settings in the BIOS, Windows and CC. Till now the PC still runs fine with Adobe Indesin working.

Is there any possibility that Adobe consumes too much energy ? or that the helper.exe files cause the issue as the memory.dmp file told me ? I read more similar issues on the internet.

Greetings Ronald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there any possibility that Adobe consumes too much energy ?" No, really. There is no such concept. An app can be wasteful, but nothing should cause a crash. I suggest you try simultaneous stress tests of CPU, GPU, HD and RAM - testing one at a time won't push it. And remember that this is an entirely normal thing for a well written app to be doing; stress tests are not there to find the limits to your apps, but prod for hardware and system faults.

A true BSOD is caused by the Kernel deciding "help, I can't go on". An app can't actually do it. Of course, at the time the Kernel decided this, apps will be running, and the businest apps are most likely to be running. When the Kernel gives up, it puts out an error code, and this is the place to start. While they are often infuriatingly vague, there's what we get. This page lists them.  https://hetmanrecovery.com/recovery_news/bsod-errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also found it a strange thing to be honest but it was a thread I found and tweaking the BIOS Processor voltage worked for that person so I gave it a try..

For now I stop debugging as it works fine.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, Ronald.  If the computer is built by you, it will make sense that additional adjustments could be necessary.

Ironically my first thought when seeing this discussion was of all the Blue Screens of Death I encountered with a computer I put together. It was running Windows ME, so frequent errors could have been due to hardware or just the operating system itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Its perhaps indeed that the system is self-built. My prior PC was also self-built and I ran Adobe Indesign for 5 years daily without any issues (and without any tweaks). Lots of stuff is different now compared to my last PC, Win10 instead of Win8, a newer version of Indesign, other hardware..

For now it works fine and I stop debugging,

Greetings Ronald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines