• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Core Sync 100% CPU OSX

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got back my Macbook Pro 16 today and reinstalled Adobe CC. It's still stuck at 100% on Core Sync.

A little bit of backstory, this happened numerous times in the past, and I would pause syncing and let it run over night. Usually it would resolve itself. Last week while I was working with clients, Core Sync shot up on my Macbook Pro 16 and not long after my computer started getting hot. So hot to the point where the machine stopped charging and auto shutdown. After grabbing a coffee and coming back after it cooled down, I turned it on again and finished up my work within the next hour and put the machine into sleep mode.

The following day, the machine would not turn on at all. Bring it into the Apple store, the Genius concluded that the logic board had short circuited and fried. I ended up sending it in for a logic board replacement which I just got back today. After firing up the install again, back at 100%.

In a relevant thread, an Adobe staff replied that it was finally fixed as of yeseterday after the initial bug report had dated back to 2017/2018. I'm not sure if anyone else has ran into a similar tragedy as me but just wondering if it's actually fixed in the latest version or not?

Thanks!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update your cc desktop app, Release notes for the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app

kglad_0-1616505400486.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. That's the thing. I've just got my computer back today and have installed the latest version of creative cloud and the problem still persists. I was hoping it would go away based on the release notes. I will keep note of attachment images in the future. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what cc version is installed on your computer and what os version do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX - Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91)

Adobe CC 5.4.2.540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I'm not looking to disable it as I already know how to, but rather asking if Adobe is actively trying to fix this as this issue has persisted for many years across both operating systems. The whole point of using Adobe is to leverage it's cross application cloud services to speed up workflows. It's weird if one of it's main features becomes a crippling point for many computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe addresses the issue for windows computers here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/coresync-is-using-high-cpu-on-my-windows-machine-.html

and for mac os 10.11 here, High CPU or power use when Adobe Creative Cloud is idle on Mac OS 10.11

i'm not aware of a big sur fix other than updating your cc version (which you've done).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issue. After the latest update (± 2 weeks ago, my mac m1 turned unusably slow. It was the coresync processes). As i only want to use acrobat pro DC and not be locked into adobe's cloud proposition, i would like to understand how i can completely remove the coresync processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can close it from your activity monitor, but i don't think you can prevent it from restarting when you restart your computer unless (and until) you properly uninstall adobe products from your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Why does Adobe runs a contious sync and monitoring service with the cloud on my computer while i am only interested in offline editing a PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm a user of adobe and not someone privy to corp onfo. so, i don't know why adobe does a lot of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines