• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud crashes and asks me to sign in

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud keeps crashing on me and asking me to sign in again. I work in After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator on an imac with everything up to date... I tried uninstalling creative cloud but it said that there was still some applications not deleted so I couldn't uninstall it (supposedly an application that I couldn't find anywhere on my system- I had uninstalled all the visible ones). Instead I opted to Repair but no improvement. It does give me the option to save my files before it closes but this is very frustrating - any help greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melissa, do you receive any specific error messages when the Creative Cloud desktop app crashes?  If you are receiving the message that the app is missing or damaged, then see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html steps to take to resolve the error.

You also mentioned you attempted to attempt solution two of https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html , but instead of clicking on the hyperlink to the uninstaller utility, you instead attempted to run the uninstaller directly. This won't work, and you will receive the message that the app cannot be removed because other applications use it.  This time, please make sure to download and run the uninstaller utility from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, thanks for your help. I didn't get any errors. I downloaded the uninstaller utility as you recommended and it worked. Reinstalling everything now.Hopefully it won't crash anymore. Thanks again, I'll keep you posted.Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, it's still happening - all of a sudden I'm asked if I want to save my file before quitting and then all my CC applications close themselves. Is there anything else I could try?  Thanks for your help. Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melissa, which operating system are you using?  For your next steps, please review the settings for any installed security, anti-virus, or system recovery software to verify it is not removing or damaging files stored on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on an imac using big sur but don't have anything installed that should be interfering with the files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melissa, if you are using a desktop computer connected to the Internet, I would strongly recommend running at least anti-virus and malware software on the computer.  Both Malware and viruses could be moving or damaging files on the computer, and you currently have no way to detect it.

If you would like additional help, please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines