• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud creating huge log files

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So recently I noticed a huge slow down of my iMac, after using disk utility to look at storage I found my hard drive almost completely full, this was not right as I have less than 300gb of document files on here

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 11.19.51 am.png

after 4 days of cleaning and restarting and basically going through all available options I downloaded a file program called Daisy Disk, which locates large files on the hard drive, and what I found astounded me completely. The creative cloud log files were huge the largest being over 460gb in size. I don't know what the hell happened to do this but I was happy to delete the log files and disable my creative cloud account, not only is the cloud close to useless as far as syncing issues and not being able to download folders (wtf is that about) but it completely ground my Mac to a standstill.

I hope this may be of use to someone else who may be having system usage issues and not be able to find the offending files.

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 11.03.11 am.png

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Comments forum to the Creative Cloud forum... Mod]

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zenbaby*,

I have seen this issue in the past but not recently. Could you try the following and see if it helps.

• Delete all of the oversized log files
  • Uninstall  and reinstall the Creative Cloud app - this article contains a link to a tool which can be used to uninstall and reinstall the app: Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application
  • Please monitor the folder which contained the oversized log files and see if the issue reoccurs. If it does, we may need to collect log files from the system and work with our engineering department to see if we can determine the cause. It may be related to the Creative Cloud be unable to install correctly and be related to some kind of permissions issue.

If the oversized logs reoccurs please reply back to the thread and we can investigate further.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an FYI, I am also having this exact same problem, Except, unlike Zenbaby, I am on a PC.  I will follow the same steps you gave Zenbaby, but I wanted to let you know that this does not seem to be an Apple only problem.

Is there anyway that I can change the location where the log files are stored?  The are currently being stored on my C drive, which I try to keep clean for operating files.  I have a secondary drive that is huge where I would like to move the logs.

Lastly, and not related to the main subject, but following up on Zenbaby's comment:  Why is downloading limited to only files, and not whole folders?  I find this horribly inconvenient when I am working on my laptop when out of the office and need a variety of files/folders that I created on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to delete Creative Cloud on a PC after installing Photoshop Elements 18 due to a 170GB log file. Seriously!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi H2onet,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Thanks for posting and letting us know it's not a Apple specific issue.

There isn't a way to change were is saves the log files or download entire folders that I know of. I can pass these on to engineering as a feature requests. I think the closest thing we have which is still somewhat different is collaborating on a folder. If you collaborate on a folder the folder and its contents gets synced to your computer.

Hi Michael,

Do you by chance know know the name of the log files which were 170GB?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, don't have the file name. It ate up the entire drive and apps stopped working so I had to move quickly to find, and delete, so I could get back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I appreciate you passing this on to engineering.  I really try to keep as little as possible on the C drive, so if moving a large log file will do this, that would be great.

I cannot speak for Michael and do not know if he on an Apple or PC, but I can tell you where my large log file was located:  C: > Users > USERNAME > AppData > Local > Temp > CreativeCloud > CoreSync > CoreSync-2017-11-27.log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was the file. For me, my Windows %temp% folder is on a different drive than my OS. But it was the same log file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information and following up guys. It's not normal for these log files to be getting this large and an indication of something not working correctly with the file sync portion of the app. In past instances where I've seen this occur, it was related to the app not having proper permissions to write to the certain directories or a conflict with some other software on the system. If you continue to see large logs being created please I'd like to provide engineering sample logs and run the log collector on the system to collect all logs Log Collector Tool which I could share with them to diagnose the cause. Thanks for your help and the information you've provided so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

I'm having the same issue with my Windows 8 PC.

I found the file by literally checking folder properties until I narrowed down on what is causing the issue. I have a log file that is 32GB.  I believe the file corresponds to a recent installation/update of my Creative Cloud account.MassiveLogFile.jpg

I'm not very experienced in troubleshooting computers.  Is it safe for me to delete the log files, uninstall Creative Cloud and reinstall as you suggest to Zenbaby* in the post above?

Thank you,

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a log file that's 50 GB. I'm on Mac. I removed the files via CleanMyMac 3 and did the reinstall described above and it somwhat helped. The log file is now 1,56 GB but the CC doesn't stop syncing. For a brief moment it says "Files updated" or "Sync completed" (but in swedish) from the menu icon window, and then immediately after it says "Synchronizing" again and this goes on and on. It doesn't stop synchronizing. It did the exact same thing before I did the reinstall and when I got the 50GB file.

What is wrong? How to fix this?

Edit: Now, a couple of hours later it's still syncing, log file now 8,42 GB.

Name of log file: CoreSync-2018-05-30.log

Path: ~/Library/Logs/Creative Cloud/CoreSync/CoreSync-2018-05-30.log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Now i've had the sync on for the whole day and CC has been syncing (writing) todays log file the entire day. Log file is titled CoreSync-2018-06-01.log, and it kept writing until my HDD went full, a 56 GB file.

As stated earlier, reinstalling CC does not help me with this problem.

This needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Would you be able to collect and upload log files from your system?

Please follow the steps mentioned below :

1. Shut down the Creative Cloud App

2. Open Activity Monitor and make sure that Core Sync process is not running in background

3. Delete Core Sync logs from path "~/Library/Logs/Creative Cloud/CoreSync/"

4. Start Creative Cloud App again

5. Wait till log file size increases to approx. 100 MB

6. Here is a link to an article about the tool with a link to download it. Log Collector Tool

The tool will create a zip file on the desktop of all the log files.

Please could you send us your logs (punaggar@adobe.com) using the tool.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PuneetAggarwal​

I'm having this same issue. If I turn on synching for Creative Cloud, it creates log files that eat up all remaining space on my hard drive. I've been using CC since it started and have never previously had any problems of this nature.

I've downloaded the Log Collector Tool but will have to wait for tech support to install it and follow the process. This will be costing my company money and my time, since I won't be able to use my computer while all of these steps are followed.

Is anything being done to fix the actual cause of these problems, rather than bandages to cover the symptoms as they arise? I've seen posts about this same issue from 2015. This seems irresponsible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am so sorry for all the frustration this has caused to you.

Could you please manually delete logs from the path "~/Library/Logs/Creative Cloud/CoreSync/" so that you can continue using your computer without any issue.

In the meantime, please send us your logs (punaggar@adobe.com) using the log collector tool. It will take 2 to 5 minutes to generate the zip file.

Thank you all so much for your patience. And I am again so sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PuneetAggarwal​

I did all of the above, but even after I quit CC, Core Sync processes were still running. I quit those too, from Activity Monitor, but they started up again and were already creating log files before I started CC again. I did have Adobe Illustrator open during this time.

I'm sending my logs to you shortly. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the logs.

I have assigned the issue to engineering team. Hopefully it won't take too long to get sorted.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is only just now being assigned to a team? Why wait six months? More, actually, since this is an ongoing problem. I don't understand.

We need to be able to sync our files and we need to be able to use our computers. This shouldn't be an either/or thing. The longer this goes on, the more annoyed my boss gets and the more likely she is to decide we need to use an alternative. I really don't want to learn new programs right now; I've got too much else going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puneet, I have just sent you my log files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

It's unfortunate that you are facing the issue again. Thanks for sharing the logs.

I have assigned the issue to the engineering team.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here,

random coresync huge log files with Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

If this could help the engineering team I noticed that this happen (in my case) after the restart of the computer. I had an automatic reboot caused by a Windows update during the night and in the morning I got the disk space alert. The day before everything was ok and the disk space available was not in alert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PuneetAggarwal​

I tried to run sync overnight and it generated ~80GB worth of log files and did not sync any of my recent files. I need to get these files backed up on the cloud. What do you suggest I do in the meantime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open your cloud on the web, you can drag files into it. It's sometimes difficult to find the folder you're looking for but you can at least add files so that other people can access them.

A pain in the butt and screws up my work flows but at least it works so our designer can access my files. It just better not be the long-term solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Polly,

Engineering team is looking into the issue at priority. Till the issue is fixed, please follow the steps mentioned below as a workaround :

1. Open Terminal.

2. Type defaults write /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.accmac.plist ACCPreferenceLogLevel -string "0"

3. Restart your system after making the changes.

4. Open Creative Cloud App.

Kindly let me know if you face any difficulty in executing the above steps.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines