• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud deletes my files!!!

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have single app subscription and I backup my project files in the cloud. But suddenly Creative Cloud deletes my files!!!!!! This is unbelievable. Hours of projects that I have worked on are not in my folders any more. I just get mountain lion notification that this and that file was deleted. How come is this possible when I PAY monthly money for this software.

Help me out to recover my files. ASAP.

Thanks.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you deleting or archiving them from the cloud side of things? The sync is two-way so cloud-deletions replicate to local folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not deleting them nor archiving. I am not using the web app at all. I just leave my files untuched on both my system and website and then just get noticed that my files have been deleted. BTW I have changed my password several times, so I don't believe someone hacked into my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening here. Running Lion OS. Cloud is useless. Had to revert to saving files on slower network drive. Have 100 gig of team storage just sitting there. Adobe needs to fix this and many other issues before allowing use of this service and charging for it. It is unreliable and we cannot trust it right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Colorise - I have emailed you about resolving the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken, I am facing the same issue. Can I get some help as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Form Follows Function - I have emailed you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ken. This has resolved my issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken's solution doesn't resolve the fact that Creative Cloud regularly deletes files out of the blue! It happens to me at least once a month—hundreds of working files "have been removed," for no apparent reason. You expect me to go in regularly to go retrieve the files I'm working on through the browser app out of the hundreds of files archived in there?

If you're looking for a cloud service to work between stations Adobe CC is not reliable at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Cvo1 - I did not intend my earlier reply to be a solution, merely a clarification on how things work.

If files are being regularly deleted for no apparent reason then please send us the Core Sync log files and we can investigate what is happening. Use the Log Collector Tool and email me the logs at kenrice@adobe.com.

Also not sure if you are using the Collaboration feature. If you are the non-owner of a folder and someone accidentally removes you from a folder collaboration then that folder will go into the Trash / Recycle Bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who only use the file syncing with the Creative Cloud Files folder, at times you will want to sign in from the browser and check your Archive at https://creative.adobe.com/archive. The Archive is like the Recycle Bin on Windows or the Trash on Mac OS X. Files or folders that are deleted or moved out of the Creative Cloud Files folder go into the Archive. From the Archive you can either restore or permanently delete items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines