Creative Cloud Desktop App Shows Incorrect Free Space Remaining

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a technical issue with my creative cloud account.  My CC desktop application (Windows) shows as having 46.7% of the available space used, and at present I have no files stored or in my creative cloud archive.  Something is definitely amiss! 

Thanks,

-Jon

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud Desktop App Shows Incorrect Free Space Remaining

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a technical issue with my creative cloud account.  My CC desktop application (Windows) shows as having 46.7% of the available space used, and at present I have no files stored or in my creative cloud archive.  Something is definitely amiss! 

Thanks,

-Jon

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2013 0
134 Replies 134
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vadaar,

Please send me private message your Adobe id, I will check your account and fix this issue for you.

Waiting for you reply.

Sarika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2013 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I loaded files on my 20GB space. Later I deleted them by putting them in the archive. No file were shown in the archive. I tried several times. The Creative Cloud Mac application tells me now that my space is full, but nothing appears either in the Files or in the Archive section. I also emptied the local folders, nothing.

Thanks for help

Nino

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nino Grizzuti - I have emailed you about resolving this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2013 0
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks again

nino

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2013 0
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running into the same problem with file sync showing that I've used 88% of my storage, but I have zero files in my local folder and also zero files in my CC archive folder. I've tried restarting and resigning into CC to see if it resets, but no luck.

Many thanks for the help in advance.

~Jesse

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2013 0
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse,

It seems to be a slow process from Adobe's side - my problem effectively solved itself, but it took a few days to delete a few gigs of data - not ideal! If you can, give it some time. Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2013 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J1mmyneutr0n,

Glad yours was able to cure itself with time. Unfortunately I've been at 88% full (with nothing in my CC archive or local folder) for at least 2 weeks. I've avoided using it while working through some projects, but now have some time to try and get things resolved.

The quick Adobe chat yesterday resulted in me being directed to post here for help. Hopefully someone else will be able to povide some direction.

I may try out their phone option later today if no new helpful souls reply.

~Jesse

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gobobcatsgo,

Please send me private message your email address and contact details.

Sarika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gobobcatsgo - I recieved a direct email from you and we got the issue resolved with your file storage.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2013 0
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

Could you possibly help me? I have exactly the same issue as Jesse.

Thanks,

Duncan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D.K.Anderson - I emailed you on December 13 asking how you would like to resolve the issue. Will re-send the email.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2013 0
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

got the same problem with my file storage, please help

Thank you

Gunnar

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gunnarbauer - I have emailed you about resolving the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2014 0
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

Sorry for contacting you directly, but I’ve just had an issue that has left me absolutely afraid for my job.

I accidentally archive all of my documents. I then restored all of them, but none have returned AND all have now been deleted from my local machine.

How do I get my files back ASAP?!?

Have I lost the last 6 months of work?

Please help!  :o/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received your email too. Have emailed you about resolving the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2014 0
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue. I've cleared out my archive. I still can't get files to sync. Can someone please help?

Screen Shot 2014-02-07 at 7.53.42 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2014 0
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

I am having the same issue:

346@fastsigns.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@randyc - We have deleted the items in your Archive, five .lrdata folders used for Lightroom preview cache.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fastsigns 346 - I have emailed you about resolving this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2014 0
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, however I'm still seeing this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@randyc - Please provide more details. Are you still seeing the "Out of storage" message?

If so we need the log files for desktop sync (CoreSync). The location for each OS are:

• Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log
  • Windows: %APPDATA%/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log

Note that on Mac OS X to see the user library from the Finder click on the Go menu and hold down the Alt/ Option key. Note that on Windows %APPDATA% is a variable that will change to the correct path depending on if version of Windows being used.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email the log files to kenrice@adobe.com.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2014 0
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

i have the same issue with the free space in creative cloud, my archive is empty.

How i can solve?

Thanks

Gianluca

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ketzner - Fixed the problem with your file storage.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2014 0
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I permanently deleted all archived files at /archive, and removed all files from my CC folder. The CC menu is telling me it's still 99.27% full.

-Andrew

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2014 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same issue, none of my file are uploaded to the Creative Cloud but the website tells me that my storage is full.

Can someone help?

Thank you very much,

Adrien

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrien,

Please check all of these locations

Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe Creative Cloud (deleted files)

Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom

https://documents.adobe.com/

Files in all of these locations count against your quota

Please let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David,

Thank you for your reply, I did check all those locations and everything is empty.
I started to use the CC suite a few months ago and never used any of those cloud services so far.
The creative cloud folder on my mac never uploads anything but folders. I have red attention icon next to any image document saying that an error occurred but not details. When I try to upload on the CC cloud on the website I have a message saying that my storage is full but nothing is actually uploaded.

Thanks,
Adrien

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need my storage refreshed as well. It shows I am almost full but the folder is nowhere near the amount shown.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vadaar,

Could you please check the "Archive" section of Creative Cloud and see if it is empty.

Check this link to know, how to manage your files.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-files.html

Let me know, in case you still get that issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2013 1
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, the archive is empty.  I cleared it all out as part of troubleshooting this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vadaar - I am looking at your file storage now and will respond to you via email about resolving the problem. My email is kenrice@adobe.com.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2013 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ken,

I also have the same problem. I deleted a large folder of 10gb and it does not appear in my archive. I have also tried to delete individual files and they do not appear int he archive either. I have logged in on multiple devices to check if it was a cache issue. Could you please advise?

Thanks

Jimmy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2013 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here ... should be completely empty but shows 5,6 % in use. Occured after I had to cancel a upload before it had finished. Guess the temp files are still lurking on the server.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@j1mmyneutr0n - I have replied to you by email. There does not appear to be any issues now with your file storage.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Onkel Kappe - I have emailed you about resolving this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2013 0
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  Storage says it's full, yet it's empty.  I also bought extra storage for the year and it's not showing.  I need this ASAP and don't really know what to do!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Happened before and adobe had to take my files offline for a week to figure it out.  My local file storage on my pc shows 9GB and my online shows I'm out of storage at 20.21GB.  Not cool.  What now?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem!

My Cloud storage shows "100% used" (actually more than that, it says 24.01GB used from 20GB, increasing slowly) but I have really less than 2GB of files in the cloud folder and nothing in the archive.

Therefore, I need also help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a post explaining I was having a similar problem yesterday, but in the wrong forum (the creative cloud section), and only realised the existence of this one when it was moved here instead.

I'm having a similar problem - yesterday I supposedly was using 17.38GB of my cloud storage, with 600 synced photos. Last night I deleted all but 50, yet it is still showing 17.38GB used on my lightroom mobile, my desktop creative cloud app and online. When I check my assets, there are no synced files, only the 50 photos, and the archive is empty.

Since then I've added another 300 photos which appear to have synced, but still the usage is 17.38GB - can someone please help me fix this? Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willers1404,

Can you confirm you don't have any files in the archive as described here: Creative Cloud file storage and quota

Best,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Yes, I can confirm that I don't have any files in the archive. My usage has remained at 17.38GB despite deleting most of my photo library and then syncing a further 300 or so photos from lightroom mobile.

Thanks,

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Are you able to point us in the direction of a fix for this?  It looks like we all have checked the deleted, archives, account settings, and our file size on disk.  The file size on my disk is 9GB.  I have 20GB total for CC storage.  My account is showing I have no space, filling 20.02GB.  This is not acceptable, What can we do but get another cloud?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, Sam, and Edysart

I've requested engineering check your accounts to see if we can figure out why you are seeing an incorrect amount.

My understanding is if sync on and everything has synced the amount online here Adobe Creative Cloud should be pretty close to the amount for all of the files within the Creative Cloud files folder locally. The online usage should be just slightly higher for overhead. If this is not the case we'll need to work with engineering to understand why.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved from your side.

Thanks,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, Sam, and Edysart,

One of the questions engineering asked was whether you're using a MS Surface. They are wondering if that might be related. If you are using a MS Surface device could you reply back with which one?

Thanks,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave! 

No I'm not using a surface.  I use two windows desktop computers, one imac, and one macbook.  I do have a corporate account and a personal account.  I pay for the photography plan with the cloud.  The corporate plan has all the applications.  I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Thank you for your help!!

Eileen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming and the additional information Eileen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I've just checked Lightroom on my iPad, and it is now reading 18+GB free, so this seems to have been fixed for me!

For reference: I'm also not using a Surface; I'm using Windows 10 on a PC and an iPad Air 2. From your previous message - for several days my Cloud usage across all devices was reading the same, at 17.38GB, when I had only a handful of photos synced and an empty archive (the same usage it read before I deleted several hundred raw files!).

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear, thanks Chris!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me also it seems to have been solved. Now my Cloud is empty. I do not use a Surface. But I was wondering if syncing with Lightroom Classic, even if not showing in the "Assets" of the Creative Cloud, is counted in the quota. I tried last Sunday to remove all the sync files from Lightroom but the Cloud was still full. However, now the space is back, thank you for your help! William

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Thanks for the update. Good to hear it's fixed for you as well. Historically, the Lightroom storage didn't count against your total cloud storage used. Based off my own testing, that appears to still be the case. I know there have been various changes to the way storage works, so this may change too at some point.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is not fixed.  The storage on my devices shows 9gb or slightly less.  My storage is reporting 19.78 of 20GB.  I have made sure nothing is in archive.  I have verified the contents so there is nothing temp or different on any machine.  I am at a loss here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no resolution here.  I am out of ideas, and I am just about to scrap the whole cloud idea.  There must be a better option.  This is continually reporting that I am using the wrong amount of space, and I can't work under these conditions.  I refuse to pay another $10 a month for a larger storage allocation, when I have 10GB free; even though your server doesn't agree with me. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eileen,

I think the others here had their issue resolved and we might have dropped the ball in your case on accident. Do you use different Adobe ID's for your corporate and personal accounts? I looked at your email address you use here on the forums and saw a free level of membership which includes 2GB of storage. I'm not able to see your corporate account, is that an enterprise type account? If it is, the account administrator may control whether the storage option is available. Can you confirm your archive is empty for your personal account too? Adobe Creative Cloud

Sorry again for the long delay. I'm following up with engineering again to see what I can find out.

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David!  Not a problem!  I accidentally posted with my husbands account...yes he has the free one.  I log in with my personal paid account though.  I also have an enterprise account.  I don't have anything stored on the enterprise account, because they don't subscribe to cloud services, just programs.  I have the lightroom/photoshop bundle, and use the cloud under my personal login.  I do have programs installed under the enterprise account as well though.  ftaylor9 is my prefix for the enterprise account.  Under my normal personal login, I have nothing in the archive.  My file storage on my pc is 7.86 GB and on my mac it shows 8.45GB.  I have 20GB available, but the cloud shows that I am using 19.83GB.  Something is off.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eileen,

I heard back from engineering with more information about your personal account (I think I found your personal account with 20GB )

The 19.83GB is close based on what engineering was seeing. They were saying your account shows 9GB for Creative Cloud files and 12GB for Lightroom online files for storage used

Where were you seeing the 7.86GB used on the PC and 8.45GB on the Mac?

Thanks,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my archive area is empty. My regular storage area is also empty.

Thanks

Jon

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2013 0
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have some problem here. Showing 69.05% of storage used and nothing in my local folder or CC archive...

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2013 0
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my cloud storage. Reading as full when I just cleaned all the files out.

Thank you

Matt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

I have a similar problem. I loaded files on my 20GB space. Later I deleted them by putting them in the archive. I also deleted the Archive.

The Creative Cloud application and the Creative Cloud webside tells me now that my space is 75% full, but nothing appears either in the Files or in the Archive section. I also emptied the local folders, nothing. (Win8.1)

Thanks for help

Frank

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@f-shot.de - Your file storage has been fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why the problem is solved only by e-mail. A lot of people have a problem with it, including me. Do I also have to wait for a special e-mail?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2014 5
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have not received any help. I wrote a post like everyone else, but no one has written to me. I can not throw the files on the cloud. Folder on the hard disk is less than 7 Gb, and the cloud is almost full.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 14, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pixege - Received your private message and have emailed you about resolving the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2014 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem like all the others. I have no files on the cloud but it says that is 74% full. Is it possible to be fixed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@womolotsok - There was a metadata issue with some files. They have been placed in a folder beginining with "Recovered". If you no longer want the files you can place them in the Archive and then delete them.

Translate

Translate