Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop crashes Core Sync on Mac OS X 10.9

Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud Desktop application crashes Core Sync (repeatedly) after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). Restarting the application (per Adobe FAQ) does not have any effect on this behavior.

Adobe Creative Cloud version: Version 2.1.2.232 (2.1.2.232)

Mac OS X version: Build 13A603

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Are you still experiencing the issue?

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am. It just crashed again. I've been leaving the crash reporter window on my screen, mostly tucked out of the way, because otherwise it tends to steal focus at the most inconvenient times. I'd be happy to include the text if it would help; I didn't do so originally because I wasn't sure it would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been having some issues with the file service today. I don't know if that is somehow related but you might waiting until we have all green here: http://status.creativecloud.com/

For whatever reason I have seen permissions issue occur when upgrading the OS. It might be a good test to try in a new admin user account just to see if you get the same behavior there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

All lights are green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried on a new admin account as suggested

No core sync crashes, but CreativeCloud is not yet working (all screens empty), and the process downloaded more than 500mb from Internet, I don't know what is it doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

Thanks for the hints. Creative Cloud Desktop continues to crash Core Sync regardless of whether Adobe's status is live and well or not; and after running a complete disk permissions fix. Quitting CCD seems to "do the trick" in that Core Sync stops crashing, though that obviously doesn't address the problem completely.

FWIW, I've noticed that it is impossible to disable sync within the CCD application. I've disabled syncing in all of the CC applications I use, but none of them were causing Core Sync crashes before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue on Mavericks: constant crashes.

However when I quit CC from the menu bar, the problem does go away it seems.

File sync appears down as well and large files still fail to download, effectively making the service worthless for regular file sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem.  It crashes everytime I start the computer and I have to exit Creative Cloud to stop the core sync crash debug dialogues from appearing.  So Creative Cloud is no longer workign on this machine on the latest version of Mavericks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same here.

Core sync crashes unexpectedly every few minutes.

Mac book pro retina 2.6 16GB.

I did change the pref of crash reporter to server mode to avoid getting the alert windows all the time. But I guess I'll revert to Basic so I can know when something else goes wrong. Will have to quit CC instead everytime after boot I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. iMac 2.93 i7/12GB RAM/10.9

Crashes repeatedly over and over. Fun times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't bother using the "Tech Support" chat to find a resolution to this. After 30 minutes of waiting and 15 of chatting I receive a link to contact tech support. Priceless. Just what I want to do, call Adobe Tech Support yet again. Always a good way to induce hypertension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What just on hold for 20 minutes and the tech person picks up and hangs up on me. WTF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone get a work around? I am getting the core sync crashing every few minutes, adobe status says everything is green but for me I am  having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased and install CC and I am having the exact same issues. I uninstalled and reinstalled no effect. Very annoying I would think within 3 months there would be a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing a few reports of problems with the new CreativeCloud app update.

We are still investigating these issues and will post updates when we have more information.

Based on what we've seen so far, here are some workarounds for the issues.

1) Delete ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/*.db*  (should be 3 or 4 files, but could be more if you have multiple accounts signing into CreativeCloud)

2) Click on the Creative Cloud Files link in the Finder (left side, under Favorites) - the OS will see that it's a bad link and should remove it from Favorites and replace it almost immediately with a working link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris Cox I have tried your workaround, but it still keeps crashing and crashing and crashing and crashing and...

I have tried deleting it several times + restarting the machine + restarting Creative Cloud. No changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a fix for this. It's just started happening to me within the last 30 minutes, I get this error message popping up every minute. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only get them every minute! You're lucky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frank, my apologies for the inconvenience this is causing.  Can you try the workaround steps again but quit Creative Cloud app and relevant process before deleting the DB?

1) Quit Creative Cloud Desktop App and the CoreSync and Adobe Desktop Service processes.

2) Delete ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/*.db* - There should be 3 or 4 files, but could be more if you have multiple accounts signing into CreativeCloud

3) Restart Creative Cloud Desktop

4) If you still see crashed occur Click on the Creative Cloud Files link in the Finder (left side, under Favorites) - the OS will see that it's a bad link and should remove

it from Favorites and replace it almost immediately with a working link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the workaround but it still doesn’t help me.

I have followed step 1-3 and it still crashed. (I quit every Adobe + Cloud processes I could find running)

I then tried step 4 but nothing changed.

I see I get 1 new “Creative Cloud Files (unknown)” folder per crash report, so in the end it adds ut to a nice little collection.

I am on a pressing deadline so any other tips would be greatly appreciated right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried two things: Removing Creative Cloud from the sidebar (MAC) and turning off file sync.

Then everything was fine.

A few minutes after turning on file sync the crashes started again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel, we are looking in to the root cause and working on a fix as a matter of priority.  Can you try the workaround?

1) Quit Creative Cloud Desktop App and the CoreSync and Adobe Desktop Service processes.

2) Delete ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/*.db* - There should be 3 or 4 files, but could be more if you have multiple accounts signing into CreativeCloud

3) Restart Creative Cloud Desktop

4) If you still see crashed occur Click on the Creative Cloud Files link in the Finder (left side, under Favorites) - the OS will see that it's a bad link and should remove

it from Favorites and replace it almost immediately with a working link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to have done it, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with a crash window popping up every few minutes.

How do I turn off the Core sync and the Adobe Desktop services?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines