• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop files not showing overlay icons. (Green check mark, blue syncing arrows)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem:

After updating Creative Cloud Desktop Version 3.8.0.310 released on 08/30/2016 I found that the files living the the creative cloud folder no longer displayed the overlay icons (green check mark for synced, and blue arrows for syncing.) Just prior to the update the icons were displaying correctly on my files, however after the update they disappeared. The files ARE syncing successfully to the cloud but the Icons showing me which are synced, syncing, or have an error are no longer showing up. I know it isn’t a major problem but I find them EXTREMELY helpful in my workflow with my team since we collaborate daily. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Update 8/31/16: Just found that when I "save as" and preview the folders on Creative Cloud Desktop the overlay icons (Green check mark and blue syncing icons) are showing up. No idea why they show up there but not in a regular Finder view of the Creative Cloud folder.

What I have tried:

Signing in and out of Creative Cloud.

Restarting my computer.

Turning sync on and off.

Computer: Mac

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Fixed it!

So because it was showing up in a "Save As" window I knew it was working. I got a wild idea to force quit and "Relaunch" Finder to see if it would refresh it. Sure enough I did that and it worked. My overlay icons are now showing up and working perfectly. Hope everyone with this problem has such an easy fix for their machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared,

The Green check marks are indicated that the particular file has been synced successfully and the blue arrows mean that the file is still syncing.

Can you try to connect over a different network and check?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work computer and cannot connect to a different network. Did switch from WiFi to Ethernet with no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration​ where the experts can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it!

So because it was showing up in a "Save As" window I knew it was working. I got a wild idea to force quit and "Relaunch" Finder to see if it would refresh it. Sure enough I did that and it worked. My overlay icons are now showing up and working perfectly. Hope everyone with this problem has such an easy fix for their machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great Jared!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines