• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop isn't syncing files and fonts

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company uses Creative Cloud to sync a large volume of media between perhaps 4 or 5 different computers (running Windows 10). Recently I've run into a problem where CC seems to "load" endlessly, never actually synchronizing files or fonts. See images below:

CC-sync.PNGCC-sync-2.PNG

I've tried all sorts of things:

• Stopping all CC tasks and restarting
  • Rebooting the computer
  • Completely uninstalling and reinstalling the app
  • I've read about deleting files in a folder found in AppData, but that folder doesn't seem to exist on my system.
  • I can't attempt to turn sync on/off since those options are grayed out (see below)

CC-sync-settings.PNGCC-sync-settings-2.PNG

Files show up fine online at assets.adobe.com, it just seems to be my system. Note: I'm using a roaming profile with folder redirection enabled, but it's set to exclude Creative Cloud files. Other users seem unaffected, so it has to be something to do with my profile I would think. But where do I troubleshoot next?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've verified that this is just applying to my account. I swapped over to a different profile on the same computer I've been having problems with, and Adobe programs worked just fine (they've started freezing on my own profile). So definitely a profile issue somehow..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I agree, it sounds like some the permissions are damaged or have become set incorrectly for your profile somehow along the way. Generally reinstalling corrects this issue. If it doesn't, it generally means they must be fixed manually (OS issue) or you should consider migrating to a different profile. We have this article which may help: Troubleshoot unexpected behavior in specific user account

Although migrating profiles can be a little inconvenient, it's generally the best solution. I'd recommend going through the solutions in the article in order and see how it goes.

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a lot of tinkering around since posting and I believe I found out the root cause of the issue as well as the fix. For starters, I was looking in the wrong directory for the CoreSync files that another forum had suggested deleting. Deleting them was a pain - in the end I needed to make sure I was signed out of all computers but one, end all CC processes, AND use an unlocker application to forcefully delete them. After doing this, CC ran perfectly on that system and continues to do so.

Sadly, CC still hangs up on the other computer I frequently use. I believe this is because I failed to sign out of the other computer before making the switch, so I just need to delete CoreSync files again and remember to completely sign out before swapping computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, So I tried deleting the CoreSync DB files on the workstation that is still having issues syncing CC, but this time around I noticed that those files aren't being recreated at all. Looking at my processes, I see nothing showing that CoreSync is even running. That's weird. How do I get that up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update

You may also want to try reinstalling the libraries component manually as described in solution1 here Creative Cloud Libraries panel stopped working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines