Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud file sharing issue

Participant ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm trying to the Creative Cloud file sharing service to send files to clients.

I often get responses that the download link doesn't work.

When I try the link, it works, even when I'm not signed in to my Creative Cloud account.

In my opinion this could be a browser or an operating system issue.

I'm using Safari on OS X and I guess I can safely assume that most of my clients are on Windows OS.

Does anybody know of any issues that could cause such a behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Eli

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only think that the email introduces a bad line break for them. How do you share the link with them? Can you send me an invite to a file that is not sensitive to share to try? I am on Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually I send the links using OS X's mail application.

Today I tried using the built-in send option on the Creative Cloud website and it didn’t work.

Here’s a link to a file I uploaded to test this: http://adobe.ly/Vi0anF

Wolfgangihloff, I don't have your email address to send you the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can reach me at ihloff@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know which email client your customers use? Maybe certain versions of Outlook or other Email clients behave in a way that it makes things not working.

I guess I can suggest just to send the link above in a plain text email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know which mail client they. It's actually not the same client all the times.

I sent the link to your email.

It seem to be bouncing back from the address you gave.

I cannot send you the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not gotten an invite yet. http://adobe.ly/Vi0anF opens fine in Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the invite and it works. I cannot reproduce it with IE 10. Sorry I cannot be of more help, maybe someone else has an idea what this is about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eli,

The example link worked okay for me on Windows 7. I don't think the issue you describe is something which would affect all clients. How many clients have reported the issue? Are they all from a particular company? When you do get these reports I would try to collect more info. These questions might help

• Is the link opening a webpage for you?
  • Do you get any kind of error message when trying to access the webpage with the download?
  • Are you attempting to access the download from a Windows or Mac computer rather than a cellphone or tablet?

These might be some basics to help you work with the client to narrow down the issue.

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey wolfgangihloff, thanks for trying. Much appreciated.

Dave, this happens only with some of my clients.

To some, I send the link and everything goes well.

I've at least 3 customers I can remember reporting that "they're not able to download" the file.

I must admit it could well be a case of technical difficulties on their behalf and is something that has nothing to do with the Creative Cloud system at all.

I know the right thing to do is to get more info from them and I do know which questions to ask.

The fact is that I don't feel comfortable with questioning them and asking them to try to download the file again and again.

I need to provide a good and easy service, so I just use another one that works for them (although I'd rather use Creative Cloud).

I presented my question here in case someone stumbled upon any incompatibility with certain browsers or operating systems.

Eli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines