• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud file size limit

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just lost several hours as I woke up to find that the video file I had exported to my Creative Cloud over night wasn't uploaded because it is "too large'.

I really can't fathom why a company offering services to the creative community with a paid for service called creative cloud won't allow it's customers to upload large files. As if sharing large files is something unusual for people working in the industry!

Very disappointed with this, and it will certainly make me question whether this service is worth my money. Luckily google docs has no such silly restriction, so I can use their free storage instead for this.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

With Creative Cloud for desktop app, you can upload files up to 5 GB. If you attempt to upload anything larger, you can see some unexpected errors.

With the Creative Cloud website, you can upload files up to 1 GB. If you attempt to upload anything larger, you can see some unexpected upload failures

It is Documented in Creative Cloud for desktop FAQ

You may refer to:

Creative Cloud File Sharing Fail

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The storage space allocated to you depends on the type of subscription you have.

1. Individual CC has 20 GB

2. Creative Cloud photography plan has 2 GB of storage

3.Creative Cloud for Team has 100 GB.

File Storage and Quota | CCM

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I wasn't talking about storage space allocation, I was talking about file size limit.

I have 20GB storage so why should I not be able to store a 9GB video file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Creative Cloud for desktop app, you can upload files up to 5 GB. If you attempt to upload anything larger, you can see some unexpected errors.

With the Creative Cloud website, you can upload files up to 1 GB. If you attempt to upload anything larger, you can see some unexpected upload failures

It is Documented in Creative Cloud for desktop FAQ

You may refer to:

Creative Cloud File Sharing Fail

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rajshree wrote:

Thanks but that doesn't answer anything really. Why is it not possible to upload files larger than 5GB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's terrible. If the limit is 20GB of total storage then the limit for a single file should be 20GB. What a joke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several copies of a 754mb Photoshop file that refuse to sync. No error code, just "failed to sync". I've tried several times on several different computers, tried various methods of "resaving" the file thinking there might be a file corruption issue and every time these specific files (or any variant of them) are the only ones that refuse to sync. I'm guessing that despite what is being said here about the max file size, it seems that a 754mb file is in fact too large for the Adobe Sync system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

put the .psd in a folder and zip it. it usually will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

silly answer silly function. creative cloud storage should work as dropbox.that's what we pay for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do people usually go to FAQ "before" purchasing a product? THIS INFORMATION SHOULD BE IN THE PRODUCT MAIN FEATURES PAGE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a "creative cloud for teams" and am getting a "file too large on a video clip much shorter than this. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS ROYALLY STUPID.

i have a 100 gigs of space which is completely useless if the file siZe limit is 5 GB...

Working with video 5 GB is nothing. I have that much space allocated for me in vimeo every week!!!

And c'mon, you guys make premiere, media encoder... i thought i was using too much compression when i was trying to upload a 12 gb file... ugh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pfff, Adobe, you did it again. Sometimes I wonder if my Creative Cloud monthly subscription is really worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues adding any files over 1GB. I have 2 clips under 5GB and can't add them. And I have the Adobe Creative Cloud App installed on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a slightly different issue: I'd like to upload a 1.3GB movie file but can't through the browser.

If I install the CC App on the computer I am using, I want it to point to MY CC storage but the computer I'm using has a different Adobe account, my client's

(Nothing suspicious: I edit on my client's computer as well as my own but I upload files completed or for review into MY Adobe account, often from my client's computer - through a browser)

I'm undecided if this App will make my life more of less complicated.

john

sydney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is so stupid, I have the 100GB space storage, but I can’t upload a 13gb video file. What’s the matter to have that bunch of space if I can’t use it on the way I want it. Come on Adobe, u guys can’t be that dumb. Fix it please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is even more stuppid then I thought.

I've added my video files to lightroom, but was not able to access them from Rush or Premiere, I have 1 TB cloud storage, so I strted migrating the video files from Lightroom CC to a folder in Creative Cloud. While the video files did sync with Lightroom CC, they do not sync with Creative Cloud because of the file size limitation...... So I can sync them with Lightroom, but cant acces them then with Premiere, I can acces files on Creative Cloud folder with Premieire, but the files wont sync! WHAT ARE YOU DOING ADOBE? THIS IS FRUSTRATING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Any idea on when the file size limit will be increased? 5GB is too small for visual apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like it's been months for a response and years on others. I'm thinking of ending my subscription because this wasn't mentioned on the main page and feel ripped off. Why are there other services being offered with better upload limits then this? and why hasn't this problem been addressed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 These limits render CC useless for storing and sharing. If it cannot be addressed for some reason, feel free to deprecate this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have over 70+ GB of space when I was signed on as a student the later at regular rates. They took my +70 GB and reduced it to 20 GB (if memory serves) and when I complained about it they said that's just the way it is for a regular user.

So I asked them what I was supposed to do with all my files already occupying the space. They then set me back to 70+ GB.

Some months later I checked again and they set me back to 20 GB then when I asked to set it back the way it was to 70+ GB.

Now by this time I decided that it would be wiser to move all my data out from the Adobe Cloud since I could not rely on Adobe to follow their word. Considering the amount I pay monthly and the almost nothing they give for cloud space and that they recently had a share value increase of 100% or more I think they can easily afford to give their obviously dedicated customers way more cloud space. pCloud right now is offering a lifetime payment of $350 for 2TB of data. Work that out over 10 years and that is $35/year not $35/month U.S. Or $11.66/year over 30 years at less than a dollar a month. Then if you live to be 100years you might see a rate as low as a penny a day. Of course, by that time a TB may mean as much as a KB today.

But who's counting pennies certainly not Adobe, they are to busy counting dollar billions. Should not be called "Adobe Cloud" instead be called "Micro Cloud".  P.S. B for byte is normally written b or Tb instead of TB, but things do change over time:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For our shop, Adobe TEAMS is primarily used for video editing.  4K files can easily be over 5GB for a quick sit down interview.  Proxies are smaller, but with 1TB of space I can afford to upload the 4K and Proxy for my team to work with and avoid all the "reattachment" issues at confrom.  DROPBOX doesn't have any of these issues.  Adobe needs to increase the size limit to at least 50GB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 years later and no responses nor fix for this issue, which users don't find out about until after trying to use the service. What a useless product and complete ripoff. I'll be switching to Apple's software as soon as my minimum(!) term subscription ends with Adobe. Disgusting service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We can upload upto 1 Gb file through assets.adobe.com.
To upload more than 1 Gb (Upto 5Gb) Move?Copy your files in Creative Cloud folder in your system. Then open Creative Cloud ans it will sync that copied file and will be on cloud after sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines