Highlighted

Creative cloud file & storage discrepancies and a basic question

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still feeling my way around Lightroom CC, and confused. Have Photography + 1TB plan.

Using Lightroom CC on my Windows destop, I've added (imported) about 6000 photos. Sync is on and says it's caught up.

Lightroom CC desktop app says 39.17 GB of 1 TB used; it also says Synced and Backed Up

But Creative Cloud desktop app says 100% used, 27.56 GB OF 20 GB
And when I "view archived" and go to "My Assets," it says "You don't have any files here!" under both Files and Archives.
Also, in the Creative Cloud desktop app, if I choose Open Folder from the Files page, I get... an empty folder titled "Creative Cloud Files."

So I am completely confused. Where are my photos (besides in their original storage location on my Windows desktop)? If they're not in the cloud storage, what is taking up 40 GB of space?

I have tried to hunt down answers on my own but can't seem to find the right info. Please help! Thanks.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative cloud file & storage discrepancies and a basic question

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still feeling my way around Lightroom CC, and confused. Have Photography + 1TB plan.

Using Lightroom CC on my Windows destop, I've added (imported) about 6000 photos. Sync is on and says it's caught up.

Lightroom CC desktop app says 39.17 GB of 1 TB used; it also says Synced and Backed Up

But Creative Cloud desktop app says 100% used, 27.56 GB OF 20 GB
And when I "view archived" and go to "My Assets," it says "You don't have any files here!" under both Files and Archives.
Also, in the Creative Cloud desktop app, if I choose Open Folder from the Files page, I get... an empty folder titled "Creative Cloud Files."

So I am completely confused. Where are my photos (besides in their original storage location on my Windows desktop)? If they're not in the cloud storage, what is taking up 40 GB of space?

I have tried to hunt down answers on my own but can't seem to find the right info. Please help! Thanks.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 12, 2018 0

Have something to add?