• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud File Sync Upload Very Slow

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just starting to use CC File Sync.  I already tried to use the sync feature via the desktop app with about eight (8) .MOV files (100-200 MB each).  Not a single file synced.  I did what the online Adobe resources said to do.  I dropped the files into the Creative Cloud folder on my Mac, and I saw the two blue arrows that indicate that the file sync is in progress.  But even after leaving my computer up and running for several hours, not a single file synced.  Later on, most of the files had the little red triangle with an exclamation point, indicating that the sync failed.  

I do have the CC desktop app.  Am I missing something?  Could the problem be with my upload speed?  What type of speed is needed for this thing? 

My upload speed isn't incredible, but enough to upload a 300+ MB file to Dropbox in about 25 min. 

I have just tried uploading straight from the desktop website.  It seems to be moving extremely slow as well. 

On a separate note, is there any way to check on the status of an upload?? I can't seem to find this anywhere.  Basically, a way to see what the upload progress is. 

I have a late 2013 rMBP. 2.0 GHz i7 quad-core, 16GB RAM.  I have had no problem with running the CC desktop apps (premiere, after effects, etc

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration forum.

Tpuvis04 have you verified that your installed security software/software firewall is not blocking the sync process?   Are you on a managed network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know.  I wouldn't assume that would be an issue, since uploading to Dropbox works fine.  But, maybe it is.  How would I check something like that? 

Also, I've noticed now that even though I can see those two blue arrows indicating that syncing is happening, I don't see a progress status in the CC dropdown (from the Mac menu bar).  I've seen example of what the status looks like, and it isn't there for me.  So, it would seem that syncing isn't actually going at all. 

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tpurvus04 it is going to depend on the security software you have installed.  I would investigate the settings and perhaps talk with their support team if the settings are not apparent.  You are looking for either software firewall settings or permission to access the internet based off the application which is running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having a similar problem, I am trying to sync my files from the cloud onto my system, creative cloud on one system says 'Syncing' and nothing is happening, however it is consistently using 150KB/s upload speed. The other system says files up to date, but they are not.

No firewall is blocking the connection, my internet speed is currently 14MB/s down and 1MB/s up.

I have tried logging in and out, restarting the software and the system.

Is the creative cloud server having problems? is says it is fine on the status web page.

I've already lost a days work from this error, time is money, I need to sort this ASAP.

Cheers, Moja.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry to hear your having some issue with Creative Cloud, to better understand whats going on could you send me some log files please.

The log files can be found here:

Mac: /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/

Windows: C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync\

The logs have the date in the filename, like "CoreSync-2014-03-25.log". Please compress (zip) all the CoreSync-2014-MM-DD.log files, to avoid this attachment being caught in any email virus filters please remove the .zip file name from the compressed file and email them to me directly at harness@adobe.com & bmordue@adobe.com

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have the same problem since beginning of using CC file-sync.

it seem to be a little bugy ... and CC have problems with "big" files over 100 MB ...

nearly every other cloud-file service make a better job

love the cloud feature, but this feature ist to bugy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, uploading files is pure horror, painfully slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here - just to compare, I copied the same two small files (81 k) into dropbox. They were there instantly. Adobe Cloud - 10 minutes and still waiting.....

This is not a fire wall issue, a size issue, or a zip issue. This is an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same issues expressed here. I thought Adobe's Creative Cloud would be a good way to share assets from two different locations because we currently use Dropbox and Muse doesn't have a "Relative Path" link feature.  Very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here.

Only possible clue I can see is that Bitdefender Antivirus module is detecting an "infected web resource".

Details are:

"The application node.exe [which exists in several locations in Adobe's Programs folder] accesses a web resource http://ocsp.comodoca.com/MFEwTzBNMEswSTAJBgUrDgMCGgUABBReAhtobFzTvhaRmVeJ38QUchY9AwQUu69%BAj36pvE8hl... that has been detected as infected. The web resource has been successfuly blocked."

I had to retype the url here because I couldn't copy and paste it, so the lower case L's could be 1's or capital i's.

Anyway, maybe someone can shed some light on why node.exe wants to download something from ocsp.comodoca.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines