• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud file synch misbehaves - does not wait for save operation to complete before throwing an access error

Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud File synch is too impatient and it constantly gives me an error when I try to save my project file from Articulate Storyline 2 to my folder on Creative Cloud,

This is from my log:

Copy Over 'C:\Users\sbirch\Creative Cloud Files\eIssuance\03Project\eIssuance.story' -> 'acsl://scss.adobesc.com:80/files/eIssuance/03Project/eIssuance.story'

- ERROR: Copying file: Cannot open local file 'C:\Users\sbirch\Creative Cloud Files\eIssuance\03Project\eIssuance.story' for read: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (error 32)

20150120-134758.611: Finish UL: /eIssuance/03Project/eIssuance.story (Ovr): Copying file: Cannot open local file 'C:\Users\sbirch\Creative Cloud Files\eIssuance\03Project\eIssuance.story' for read: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (error 32)

Problem is, the save operation is incomplete when CC tries to access the file. And it jsut gives up. It doesn't wait or retry, which means my file never synchs UNLESS I restart the CC application, or reboots, or renames the file.

Thats silly. Can you change that behaviour please?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add: This happens as the program quits. So the file is actually released and unlocked for the OS to copy, move etc. why can CC not detect that?

Added #2: Contacted Support and was taken through the usual IT Support jumping-through-hoops. Didnt help of course, but I hope this can be escalated. Will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Could you supply me with your log files, you can locate them by looking at..

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read these pages for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html (Mac)

Please send upload them to Creative Cloud and send me a link at harress@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines