Creative Cloud file syncing is using all of my hard disk space. HELP!

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all of my customer files (137 GB) saved to the cloud. I work onsite on a PC where the original files are located. I just recently have been cleared to work remotely on a Mac. But when I log into the cloud on my Mac (using the same login information that I use on the PC), it asks me to sync the files that are in the cloud. When I do, after a few hours I get an error stating that my hard disk (121 GB storage capacity) is full and the creative cloud files can no longer sync. Leaving me unable to access the files in the cloud.

Why can't I just access the files in the cloud without having to sync them to my hard drive? I really thought that this process was going to be easier than this and allow me to work remotely. I guess that I am not understanding the concept of the cloud.

Please help me to understand this "cloud" process and let me know if there is a workaround (i.e., can I sync the files to an external hard drive? do I have to sync the files to use them and make changes? Is there a better process that I am missing??)

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?