• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud File Syncing slowing Windows Explorer

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been dealing with this issue since early 2018 (March-ish). I've been able to duplicate this issue on multiple computers on different networks.

The Problem:

When I resume syncing in Creative Cloud (CC), Windows Explorer (WE) becomes extremely sluggish and slow to respond. Navigating through windows is slow and daunting while sync is going. WE goes through this process of loading folder contents every time I try to navigate to another folder. The quick access bar on the left doesn't even load properly. Icons in folders (even folder icons themselves) do not display correctly. They are just invisible spaces where the icons should be but nothing is there. I have to stop file syncing, quite CC, and restart WE in order for it to be possible to navigate through folders again. I have been forced to let file sync go over night and disable it during the day when I'm trying to work. As you can imagine this is not efficient and I believe the program should not have these issues as working while CC sync is active was not an issue before. I have waited this long to report the issue because I'm fed up with the problem and have been waiting patiently for a solution to come up but none has surfaced that I could find.

Current Setup:

Currently I have a Windows 10 custom built system and I have a company laptop (Windows 10). Both are on the same home network and I have both set syncing to creative cloud. I do my work on my custom PC.Once work has been finalized and synced through creative cloud, I upload my work files to my work server via my company laptop. I have Gigabyte internet. I really don't think it's my network because I had the same issue in my office building when syncing from a company desktop to CC and to my desktop at home. Nobody else I know uses CC the way I do so I don't know others with the same issue. All I know is that it was working before early 2018 with basically the same set up.

System Info:

Custom PC:

PC.png

Company Laptop:

Laptop.png

Please let me know if you need any further information.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am, and have been having the same issue for quite some time. Was the problem ever resolved? In addition, i find the overlays on my desktop icons are continually changing when running CC sync on Windows 10. I basically have to shut down sync for my PC to operate properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally have not had this problem with either Win 7 or 10.

But I don't have a lot of files (actually none at the present) synced up with the CC system. I did have Hundreds of images synced with the LR Web system and have never had a slow File Explorer.

Could be the AV program you are using, scanning each and every file on your systems that is synced up with the Adobe CC system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years later and I'm having this problem too... It started a month ago, talked to Adobe about it but they couldn't tell me why this is happening. It's very frustrating. I thought it was because Creative Cloud was upgraded but you also had this problem in 2018. Have you found any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem now. Any update on yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the exact same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best solution that I found was to stop using Creative Cloud sync. I feel cheated by Adobe, they seem to not care about their cloud services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The only workaround is for me to stop syncing while I am working. The moment I resume the sync, windows explorer becomes super slow or sometimes unresponsive. If you have a fix for this in the future, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.... I have the same problem.... very frustrating... I thought it is because of Windows 10 but its not... My Adobe CC slows my Windows Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. To complete what ismapic described (the only solution listed, and one that works) is to open Adobe Creative Cloud. Then click the cloud icon (hovering over it calls this icon "Cloud activity"), Click the settings wheel, then click the icon that says "Pause syncing."

Additionally, you can decrease download transfer speed and upload transfer speed to the least amount possible. If you go to the "general" tab on the lefthand side, you could also disable keeping creative cloud up to date and launch creative cloud at login, but these haven't had as much of an impact from what I've seen.

I literally have a NVME drive; this dip in performance of file explorer should not be happening. I don't ned cloud storage anyway, please stop pestering me to use yours adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

need*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picture tutorial

PlanetXtreme_0-1669241564472.png

PlanetXtreme_1-1669241601937.png

PlanetXtreme_3-1669241645016.png

PlanetXtreme_4-1669241673928.png

PlanetXtreme_5-1669241700392.png

PlanetXtreme_6-1669241749951.png

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

is the only problem you see with win explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines