Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud files and fonts sync problem

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm working on two diffents mac's, one at work and one at home - with a creative cloud membership. On both computers, the Files and Fonts does not connected/sync. Annyway, I can't use the fonts on either of the mashines. The CC app is open, and therefor should work with e.g. the fonts I allready synced to my computer . Apparently I can solve this by quiting the Creative Cloud and restart, but I hope this could be solved somehow.

Anyone have an idea or a way forward?

Jørgen

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

I just deleted the "com.adobe.accmac.plist" file and then restarted Adobe Cloud. Now my fonts and files are syncing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jørgen,

Are you still experiencing the issue?

What operating system are you using?

Are you getting any kind of error message? Could you post a screen shot of the error?

Thanks,

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

It seams to be working now on both computers, after the last update - thanks!

Just arrived home, and my home computer Creative Cloud connection is not working as it should for Files and Typekit. I'm not getting any error messages - it just doesn't  connect i seams. I include some screenshots - but I don't think they will say much. It is as if there is some problem when it is trying to load/connect while other programes are auto loading (I guess?). So I still need help. Here is some screenshots. I can still restart the CC and then it connects as it should. And, I have the same problem on an other mac:

JørgenSkærmbillede 2013-08-23 kl. 20.13.30.pngScreen Shot 2013-08-27 at 11.01.20.pngSkærmbillede 2013-08-23 kl. 20.08.30.pngSkærmbillede 2013-08-23 kl. 20.08.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Jørgen,

Does signing out of the app and back in again make any difference?

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - everything works normal after restarting. For some strange reason it worked normal this morning on my iMac, although it didn't work the last three days. But I haven't had any luck at home on my Mac Book Pro. That's why I tend to think, that it could be interference from other programes that starts automatically, while CC starts up – but that's just wild guessing.

Do you know of other cases in this forum with similar problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had similar problems on two Macs with the same OS.

I'm working through Typekit support, and I just sent in log files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi agian

Finaly, this problem seames to have been solved by the latest update of the CC

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.

Deleting the opm.db file solved my problem. But it also involves restarting the CC-app, so...

1. Close the Creative Cloud application.
  2. Navigate to the OOBE folder.
    Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
    Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder
  3. Delete the opm.db file.
  4. Launch Creative Cloud.

(This is the solution for the "unknow server error- login error" i also occasionaly encounter, once every two or three weeks).

Do you also have this "unknow server error- login error" problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario

Sorry for the late replay. No, I do not get any login error. And I still have the same problem once in a while on both computers.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem today. Was working fine before. I did the last update to CC recently.

I've logged out of CC. Downloaded a new version of CC and reinstalled. Shut down the entire computer and restarted. Tried the fix above, deleting the opm.db file, but still having the same issue: fonts are unavailable. Everything else shows up on the CC menu but the fonts tab showing spinning loader icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexandre,

we are aware of this issue and are currently investigating it.  There is a workaround to get you working.

1. In terminal: issue this command: sudo cd /Users/<user name>/Library/Preferences.  At this point it world be great if you can reply to this thread and paste the response to this command.
  2. If you have no permissions to elevate to an admin user please contact your system administrator and pass on these instructions.
  3. from the Preferences directory issue the following command:  ls -la | grep com.adobe.accmac.plist
  4. If the entry has root as owner and wheel as the group like this: -rw-------   1 root      wheel    132  <date> com.adobe.accmac.plist:
    1. In Shut down the following processes:
      1. Creative Cloud
      2. Adobe Desktop Service
      3. CoreSync
      4. CCLibrary
    2. Delete this file:  rm -rf com.adobe.accmac.plist
    3. Restart Creative Cloud
  5. If you do not see root as owner and wheel as the group please can you reply to this thread and we can provide you with the next steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted about it and this solution also worked for me.

Re: Creative Cloud TypeKit Fonts not loading or syncing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the problem for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having the same problem and this fixed it. One tweak, in the terminal you want to navigate to /Users/<user name>/Library/Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see root as owner and wheel as the group. please help me!!! maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rebecca,

I've sent you a private message through the forum software - you will need to be signed in to view it.

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the result I got.

-rw-------    1 root       wheel     269 Oct  6 09:21 com.adobe.accmac.plist

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just deleted the "com.adobe.accmac.plist" file and then restarted Adobe Cloud. Now my fonts and files are syncing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted this solution but my typekit remains eternally loading. Are there any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several solutions in this thread. Which one did you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the "com.adobe.accmac.plist" in the library file worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashley! I'm also having the eternally loading / not syncing problem with TypeKit. I was a little confused by your instructions though. Would you mind listing everything that we would need to type into the terminal to get it working again?
(I got lost in Step 4 of your previous instructions...)
And I do have admin rights!
Thanks so much!
Molly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In terminal: issue this command: sudo cd /Users/<user name>/Library/Preferences. 
  2. from the Preferences directory issue the following command:  ls -la | grep com.adobe.accmac.plist
  3. In Activity Monitor Shut down the following processes (they have the Adobe Creative Cloud logo cc-logo.png):
      1. Creative Cloud
      2. Adobe Desktop Service
      3. CoreSync
      4. CCLibrary
    1. Delete or rename this file:
      1. Delete: In terminal issue this command: rm -rf com.adobe.accmac.plist
      2. Rename: In terminal issue this command: mv com.adobe.accmac.plist com.adobe.accmac.plist
    2. Restart Creative Cloud

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the file suggested for deleting. Any more ideas? Also says the directory doesn't exist. Would totally uninstalling and reinstalling work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

I don't know if my colleagues have been in touch with you yet - so apologies if this is a repeat.

if you are on a Mac then typing the following command will get you to the preferences folder

cd ~/Library/Preferences

if you are on Windows then this problem is not expected and would need more information from you.

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines