• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Files DELETED Files Folder

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my computer hard drive in the Creative Cloud folder, I have a total of 700GB of files. In the actual Creative Cloud itself (assets.adobe.com), which mirrors the files on my computer, I have 2.4 TB of files. I am guessing that the discrepancy pertains to all of the files that reside in the DELETED Files folder in the cloud. My questions are: (1.) What exactly is contained in the DELETED files folder in the cloud? I am guessing that this contains anything that I have ever deleted from the Creative Cloud files on my computer hard drive; and though they were truly deleted from my computer hard drive, in the Adobe Cloud they were siimply moved to the DELETED Files folder but not actually deleted. Is this correct?  (2.) Am I correct that the DELETED Files folder is NOT synced with my computer hard drive? (3.) How can I determine the SIZE of this DELETED Files folder in Creative Cloud Files? While the size of individual photos shows up under the "size" column, the size of folders does not. If my hypothesis is correct, this DELETED files folder in the cloud should contain 2.4 TB minus 700GB = 1.7 TB. But I have no way of determining this short of manually adding up the size of every image in that folder.

Please advise.

Thank you.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. the deleted files are the files you deleted.  and just like files on your hard drive, deleted files are not really deleted (and the space they use is not recovered) until the deleted files (often in a "trash" folder) are deleted.  ie, they're recoverable on your hard drive via your os and they're recoverable in adobe's cloud file storage while they're in the deleted files folder.

2. that's logical.

3.  for local, check your trash folder.  for cloud files, check the deleted files folder.

4.  your cloud files also consist of lightroom and spark files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is extremely helpful. And thank you for responding so quickly. My only remaining question is that I am not able to see the size of the Deleted Files folder in Creative Cloud. The data column containing "size" is populated for individual photo files but not for the Deleted Files folder overall. Is there any way to find out this size of this folder? Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't think i have anything helpful for you about seeing folder sizes (or file management, in general, from adobe's web pages:  the best you can do is to use list view (instead of thumbnail) to see file sizes which you already know, and which doesn't help to see folder size for which there's nothing (afaik) you can do.

bottomline: file management of cloud files using adobe's web pages leaves a lot to be desired.  for files that are sync'd to your computer, managing the sync'd folder with a decent local file browser is much better in many ways. 

in fact, the only benefit the cloud files on adobe (imo) is when sharing with other's (or your other devices) and for backup in case of hd failure.  and even for those (again, imo) it's not the best option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines