• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Files folder has duplicate files?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative cloud creates duplicate files on my computer in a "Creative Cloud Files" folder. I thought the whole point of "the cloud" was to store files in "the cloud" but I recently discovered that everything I put on the cloud was also in a folder on my computer called "Creative Cloud Files." I'm obviously not doing something right. Can I turn this off?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Hi Brant,

One of the features which is part of the Creative Cloud app is file sync. It is intended to be an easy way upload files into the cloud storage included with your membership. Like you described, when running, the sync feature keeps the local content in the Creative Cloud Files folder and the online cloud storage synchronized (similar to Dropbox). New files added to the local folder get uploaded to the online storage, files uploaded to the storage online via a browser get downloaded local

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brant,

One of the features which is part of the Creative Cloud app is file sync. It is intended to be an easy way upload files into the cloud storage included with your membership. Like you described, when running, the sync feature keeps the local content in the Creative Cloud Files folder and the online cloud storage synchronized (similar to Dropbox). New files added to the local folder get uploaded to the online storage, files uploaded to the storage online via a browser get downloaded locally to the Creative Cloud Files folder. If you weren't interested in using file sync, you can simply turn it off in the Creative Cloud app preferences. There are a few other services that rely on having the sync service running - libraries and Typekit also rely on it to keep their content up to date and available too.

Here is a screen shot where to disable it

file_sync.jpg

Even with sync turned off you can still upload/download files through a browser to use the cloud storage here

Adobe Creative Cloud

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah I see. I turned off sync. The nice thing about sync was that I could upload into a finder folder and see everything in my finder window so fast and easy. It felt like a server. Could even open stuff up and work on it live. The bad thing is that as my co-workers add work to the project folder and it syncs, my computer fills up with their work and suddenly my machine is out of room and I have no control over it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines