• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Files Slow Upload 2020

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks. I just got 1TB of storage through Creative Cloud and went to upload a few hundred GB of data by moving them from their current location on my pc to the Creative Cloud folder on my pc. Things are moving exceptionally slowly though - I'm only getting about 1-2GB uploaded per day. That's insane. After testing with speedtest.com, my upload rates from my ISP are ~25Mbps normally and 1.77Mbps while I have file sync enabled. In CC, my upload/download speeds are uncapped and set to 100%, so it's not that. Any tips on what's making this run so slowly? 

My CC Files folder is located on an external hard drive (WD Elements 4TB Portable), but I don't think that's the bottleneck. Over USB 3.0 I can usually get between 50-100MB/s write speeds. 

Thanks for the help. 

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mbp is Mega bits, not Bytes. There are 8 bits to a Byte.

25 Mbps is 3.125 Mega Bytes a second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm aware of that. At 3.125 MB/s (25Mbps) upload rate, it would take me ~18 hours to upload 200 GB of data to the cloud. I'm not getting anywhere near that speed - closer to 1/7th of that speed is what my upload seems to be moving at. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another issue cropped up. Last night I was at ~ 9000 files synced, and now I'm at ~4000 files synced! What's going on here? The PC did not turn off at any point and no files have been moved by myself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Syncing takes very slow and takes 100% of my CPU power. Explorer starts to get slow and making problems.

After getting the 1TB storage, I uploaded 300GB of content (160.000 files) to my Creative Cloud storage. It took few hour to sync. Than I installed Crative cloud to my laptop computer and start syncing from web to my external SSD disk. I quickly realized, that it would take too long (Even though I'm at fast 1gbit network). Than I copyed all my CC content from work computer directly to the external SSD disk. I hoped that it woud save me a lot of time for syncing. I restarted the sync process on my laptop, but CC starts syncing all files again, even though they are already present. 

I am already syncing for 3 hours and am at half way through. Laptom is meanwhile hardly usable.

Is there any better procedure to copy and sync files to CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines