• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Files sync disabled but the folder gets re-added to my Windows Explorer favorites again and again

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I like the creative cloud application for installing/updating apps from a single place but I'm not using or planning to use the cloud files feature. I disabled it in the preferences but the link to the local folder gets re-added to my favorites list in Windows explorer anyway. When I remove it, it gets re-added anyway - I manage this list carefully and want to keep it short and sweet. How to I prevent creative cloud from creating this link?

Thx,

Markus

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make sure that Creative Cloud file sync is off, then, remove the icon from windows explorer bar and delete Creative Cloud files folder from: C:\Users\[username] .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double checked that the cloud file sync is off, deleted the folder in c:\users and removed the link in the favorites. This morning after turning the computer back on the folder and the the shortcut in the favorites are both back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

Thanks for your information. We are aware of this issue and will look to provide a resolution in a future release. Apologizes for the inconvenience.

Best Regards.

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many threads till ADOBE fixes this? 

ADOBE MALWARE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I changed the Creative Clouds Files location from c:/users/{username} to (for me) D:\files.

It moved the folder and removed the icon from my "Desktop" folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines