• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Files – Syncing issues/Bandwidth hogging – Does it ever work?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having been a Dropbox user for several years I was keen to start using the 100gb of Creative Cloud storage to enable me to work on a project from home and pick up where I left off in the office.

However it simply doesn't work properly!

For example:

• I worked from home on Monday and Tuesday on a project. All the files were successfully uploaded from my home Mac within seconds/minutes. I came into work on Wednesday and the files had not appeared in my CC Files folder. I rebooted my Mac and paused and restarted the sync and left it running, a couple of the files appeared but the process seems to hang fairly quickly. I've left it running overnight and my files have still not synced! the status bar at the bottom of the CC app shows "Syncing file 7 of 181 (9hr left)" but it never gets any further.
  • When syncing is switched on and running the process kills all the bandwidth of my work Mac causing outgoing emails to spend up to an hour in my outgoing mail queue, slowing web browsing to a crawl, hampering any other web usage/downloads/streaming/remote access etc. To prevent this I changed the preferences to only allow CC 50% of the available upload and download bandwidth.

I have repeatedly logged out/rebooted my Mac, closed and relaunched the CC app, paused and restarted the sync process and run the

rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/CoreSync/options.tix

command in Terminal as suggested in another thread.

The files I am syncing are not even that large, in total I am only using around 3% of my storage.

Am I on my own in experiencing these issues? Or are other people suffering too?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

In order for us to take a deeper look at what's happening here, we would need to take a look at the log files on both your machines.  The location of the coresync.log file is included below.

Could you also tell me what version of the Creative Cloud Desktop app you're using (from preferences) and the spec of the Macs?

Log file location:

Mac - /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log

(On Mac, you need to use the Go To Folder option from the Go option in Finder (menu at the top).  Then in the pop up enter:

/users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/

Then select go, this will take you to the folder containing the .log files.)

Please email this to me directly on djack@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek

Please find below answers to your questions:

“Work” Mac

iMac 27” Late 2013

3.5GHZ Intel Core i7

32GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB

OSX 10.9.4

Creative Cloud Version 1.7.1.418

“Home” Mac

iMac 27” Mid 2011

3.4GHZ Intel Core i7

12GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048MB

OSX 10.9.4

Creative Cloud Version 1.7.1.418

Core Sync log files attached for Work iMac which is the machine that seems to be having the issues syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same bandwidth issue. I need to upload something to my CC Files folder and the process kills all the bandwidth. I've updated my computer to OSX Yosemite, but I don't think that this could be a problem. If anyone have the same problem and know how to fix it, please let me know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jmsanchezcruces,

Have you tried using the bandwidth usage limit in the Creative Cloud desktop application? Click the 'gear' icon, then choose Preferences... > Files tab and set the "Transfer speed" (for uploads and downloads independently). I'd try the 'High' setting to start with, then work down from there.

Hope that helps,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried, I've reduced each to 25% but when the file syncing begins, all the other applications that use internet pass to a slow connection, and when I pause the sync, all start working fine again. I don't know what to do, if this continues, I'll move the files to my Dropbox account I think. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share your log files with us? Please see the instructions above in Derek's post (first reply on this thread). Please send the zipped files to either Derek or me: syncforum-communication@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I seem to have a similar issue. Sync never seems to complete, and I get a permanent “Core sync (not responding)” in the CPU Activity monitor, I was having a discussion with the Adobe live chat help desk, but after answering many questions ruling out other issues I got a lovely...

"This chat session has ended.

Thank you for contacting Adobe."

I wasn’t finished!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines