Highlighted

Creative Cloud Files: totally confused...! Sync 'restored' move and delete actions?!

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I decided to use the Creative Cloud Files option so I can also work on my document from home. So at work, on my Mac, I created a few folders in the Creative Cloud Files folder, copied documents in them, and so on. I also moved a few folders and deleted a few later on. Everything was synced perfectly: whenever I looked at the Creative Cloud Web page everything was there and in the right folders.

When I came home I started my home I started my Windows PC and sure enough everything was synced unto my home computer! Nice! So all seemed to work perfectly! At home I only opened a few files to check things but I didn't move or delete any folders.

The next day I came at work, started my computer... and to my horror the Creative Cloud Files folder was a total mess because ALL folders that I had moved around or deleted were suddenly ALSO there at there original location...! So now I have various duplicates of folders in various location and I have to figure out which folders contain the most recent files... It's a mess!!!

So I am totally confused now... How is it possible the file and folder deletions where sort of undone, leaving my with multiple copies of everything everywhere...?

Topics

Cloud storage web assets, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud Files: totally confused...! Sync 'restored' move and delete actions?!

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I decided to use the Creative Cloud Files option so I can also work on my document from home. So at work, on my Mac, I created a few folders in the Creative Cloud Files folder, copied documents in them, and so on. I also moved a few folders and deleted a few later on. Everything was synced perfectly: whenever I looked at the Creative Cloud Web page everything was there and in the right folders.

When I came home I started my home I started my Windows PC and sure enough everything was synced unto my home computer! Nice! So all seemed to work perfectly! At home I only opened a few files to check things but I didn't move or delete any folders.

The next day I came at work, started my computer... and to my horror the Creative Cloud Files folder was a total mess because ALL folders that I had moved around or deleted were suddenly ALSO there at there original location...! So now I have various duplicates of folders in various location and I have to figure out which folders contain the most recent files... It's a mess!!!

So I am totally confused now... How is it possible the file and folder deletions where sort of undone, leaving my with multiple copies of everything everywhere...?

Topics

Cloud storage web assets, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?