• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Folder duplicated? (Mac OS 10.10.3)

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I'm not exactly sure, when this happened, but my Creative Cloud folder got, at some point, duplicated without notifying me. And I guess that was actually a function of CC.
Maybe CC couldn't handle some System Update I've been installing, but atz one point, while I've been working on an Indesign doc that was located inside that CC folder, I wanted to add a Graphic I newly created and suddenly couldn't find it. It took me a while to actually find out that it was located in the GFX-folder of the old CC library while my Indesign file was located in the new one. So while I saved the graphic in an exact identical hierachy in the gfx-folder I couldn't locate it when I wanted to place that image in Indesign.

I'm not perfectly sure, what I actually want to ask here, as this ... well ... it just sucks and I guess I wanted to point that out.

Without my knowledge, the folder got duplicated and my content as well and every new content got splitted over the old CC folder and the new one. Not cool. Anyone else experienced this?

I think this happened after I upgraded from Mac OS 10.10.2 to 10.10.3, but actually I don't really know. This could have been like that for a while without me really noticing, it just sounds possible that CC couldn't handle something about that system update, archives the actual content and creates a new folder. Bildschirmfoto 2015-04-10 um 15.10.42.png

I have a screenshot of how those folder are named and look. The old one also has the old Mac OS folder design, while the new one has the updated Yosemite one.

maybe you guys know the problem, cheers

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. It's a CC bug. Already found the answer by myself, for everyone who's interested:

Why do I have 3 'Creative Cloud Files' folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a fix ? i have the same problem .. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes an No. I supposed this wouldn't happen again, especially as the new folder happened to have a new folder icon as well so I just made sure, I moved all newly added contents I placed into the (unknown) folder to the new folder and just erased the old one. So everything that's located in both folders of course doesn't need to be moved, but if you happened to move newly created graphics accidentally in the old folder without knowing that CC would actually not use it anymore, you might end up having some chaos. So you need to find the files that are supposed to be placed in the new CC folder and, as I said, erase the old one.
No problems ever since.

This might not really be a perfect solution, as it doesn't adress any backgrounds of that problem, but I thought I'll try it that way as it seems to be the easiest one and just look how far I'm getting this way. And ever since everything worked very fine.

I guess due to some version-hickups, CC was programmed to clone itself into a new directory and preserve the old one as a legacy one, so it just seemed like it could work ... and it did.
So I hope it will do for you too,

Good luck & have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem and since up to 3 computers. I only noticed last night when I tried to work from home only to find that some of my work hadn't synced to some of my computers. I spent a good 2 hours today copying files from the duplicated folder to the new one. I know I sound like Im being over dramatic but I had some shortcuts to the old one and some from the new one, and different shortcuts on my other computers.

**The thing that really makes me angry is that Adobe didn't even bother to notify us, and they've known about the bug since March.**

Good thing I spotted it when I did, could have cost me my job!!

Oh by the way, Adobe advised me to copy the newest files from the old folder to the new one that automatically syncs. The new folder is the bright Blue one that looks like all other folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines