• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud folder location on C drive required?

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I began my CC subscription several years ago my CC folder was located on an external hard drive.  Syncing worked fine, until recently.  

After working with Adobe to help fix the constant sync problems I was experiencing I was told by an Adobe tech support person that CC was designed to have the folder located on the C drive. 

I have a 2 TB plan with Adobe but have just 500 GB on my SSD 'C' drive.  I decided to move some files to C that I wanted to sync while leaving other files on the external drive that don't sync and purchased a seperate cloud back up system.

Since I moved my sync files to the C drive I have not had any problems with syncing to the cloud.  But my preference is to free up my C for other things and have ALL of my pictures and media on an external drive (SSD) and sync with the cloud.

Has anyone else been told that Cloud is designed to work with C drive?  It doesn't make sense to me, I know a lot of people store all of their files on an external drive.

Thank you, 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To have WHAT folder on the C drive? The Creative Cloud Desktop App program files or the Sync folder on the C drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Far As I Know that is NOT a requirement. I have mine on E IIRC. Could be Windows is shutting down, turning off, either the USB port your external is connected to or placing that external drive into some type of Sleep mode. Both of those things can be set Not to happen in the Advanced Power management dialog window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines