• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Freezes on Opening on Big Sur Macbook Pro M1

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) running Big Sur. When it started up it prompted me to transfer everything on my old MacBook Pro to the new one. This, though I didn't realize it, included the Creative Cloud app and all Adobe Apps I had on my old laptop. I thought it was only going to transfer my files.

Now I can't get Creative Cloud to work on the new laptop. It froze immediately on opening. I tried repairing Creative Cloud. I uninstalled and re-installed Creative Cloud. The installation said it was successful, but when I opened it, it froze again. This time on the pop-up about Welcome to Creative Cloud. I click the blue OK button to dismiss the pop-up and nothing happens. It's completely stuck. I have to use force quit to close the program.

Any suggestions would be super appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Hi @GoldCountry86  and @Sylvain5E5B,

Ideally, you do a fresh install of a new OS first and then install your software.

I suggest you run the Adobe Cleaner Tool. Then re-install CC Desktop App followed by your other CC apps.  Restart your computer.

Also see these related links:

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, on the same computer. I did the same things you tried to fix it, and it doesn't work for me either... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @GoldCountry86  and @Sylvain5E5B,

Ideally, you do a fresh install of a new OS first and then install your software.

I suggest you run the Adobe Cleaner Tool. Then re-install CC Desktop App followed by your other CC apps.  Restart your computer.

Also see these related links:

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, to be clear, Adobe is saying that despite Apple itself saying to use the Migration tool to move over to Big Sur from an iMac runing Catalina one neds to do a clean install of the OS - because that makes things so much simpler? Sorry, no dice - I am not planning on going through that process...can Adobe not write the code so it just works (perhaps an updated version of Creative Cloud)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, also photoshop won't start and get stuck on the loading screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new 24 inch Imac

I have repaired and reinstalled CC and it doesn't work for me either. CC loads and opens but I can't click inside the CC box to select anything. 

Any ideas? What to do?

Eric Wieczorek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric, please try the suggestions offered by Nancy and download and run the CC Cleaner Tool.  If you migrated/copied applications from the old Mac, then you currently have an Intel version of the application installed.

For future viewers of this discussion, please choose the option to transfer over documents and settings when using the migration assistant.  When you choose to migrate older old apps, you may have problems running them with the new processor.  Completing the installation process on the new computer makes sure that the proper version of the applications is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

December 2021 and a fresh cleaning (With CC cleaner tool), restart and fresh installation of CC Desktop on my M1 MacBook Air results in a spinning wheel in the Creative Cloud Desktop App window trying to open. 

A window pops up asking if I want to repair, which I do. Only after running the repair does CC open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too on a M1 chip and the Creative Cloud Desktop loads without any issue and there is no way to be able to click anything on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this applies to you guys as well. I have usded the Adobe Cleaner Tool and had my freezed Creative Cloud cleaned and reinstalled by a fresh download. It became responsive now.

Furthermore I was finally able to try the Apple Silicon compatible release of Illustrator CC 25.4 (current version, added compatibility from ver 25.3.1). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines