• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud [how do I download cloud pictures to my Mac?]

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some RAW files I uploaded onto my iPad and which (seem to) have synched to the cloud.  I want to bring these files down from the Creative Cloud to my MacBook but just can't work out how to do it.  Anyone help?

[Title edited for question clarity and future forum search... Mod]

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Hi Mark,

I wondered what workflow you were using and if your workflow was something like this

A RAW workflow on the iPad - my initial impressions

The poster is syncing his RAW images through Lightroom Mobile, which is using its own online storage system separate from Creative Cloud. I think he mistakenly references Creative Cloud.

If that is the workflow you're wanting to use, you might want to jump into that discussion.

The Creative Cloud files folder is used for file sync, Adobe's service similar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If I understand your question correctly, you want to get the files from Creative Cloud to your MacBook. If yes, you just have to install Creative Cloud on your MacBook with same Adobe Id you used on your iPad.

Once installation is all set up, you should see a folder named "Creative Cloud Files" in your "/Users/<user name>/" folder. That folder will start syncing from your cloud and it should download all the files from cloud to your local drive.

Please note that if you make any changes to any file in this folder, that will be sent to the server and it will be reflected on any other machine where you are logged in with same Adobe ID.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramesh

Thanks for your response.  I have now done that and uploaded a few test RAW files.  The issue I have is that the files do not show up on Mac Finder as you can see below - therefore not easily accessible.  Also, I cannot see them in Lightroom either in the sidebar.  So I am back to my problem that I cannot readily access them on my laptop.  Where should it show up on Lightroom?  How can this work better as is seems not so good?

Thanks

Mark

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 09.57.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

I wondered what workflow you were using and if your workflow was something like this

A RAW workflow on the iPad - my initial impressions

The poster is syncing his RAW images through Lightroom Mobile, which is using its own online storage system separate from Creative Cloud. I think he mistakenly references Creative Cloud.

If that is the workflow you're wanting to use, you might want to jump into that discussion.

The Creative Cloud files folder is used for file sync, Adobe's service similar to Dropbox, GoogleDrive, OneDrive, iCloud, etc. I think some of the users on that thread were using a cloud storage solution as a secondary backup for their RAW files. Is that what you're wanting to do too?

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

Many thanks for the response.  I think your note prompted me to realise I am getting confused between Creative Cloud and Lightroom which I am accessing via MacBook, iPad and Chrome browser.  I think I have that part figured now and Creative Cloud is showing in Finder.  Thanks for the workflow link - that is exactly what I need.  I simply want to be able to take my iPad, upload the files from the SD card onto it (and to the Creative Cloud if I have good wifi where I am) and then when I get home download them to my Macbook and process through Lightroom.  So hopefully that wlll all work.

Kind regards

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update Mark, glad the Lightroom Mobile link was helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines