• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud keeps moving all of my files into the trash can

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entire folders and files disappear from my Creative Cloud folder and they get moved to the trash can. Is there a reason this keeps happening? How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Well- good news/bad news update. Good new is that the MAC I first reported on sync issue is fine after the support changed my permissions. But now, I am trying to sync on a Windows machine, and getting the deleting again. I guess I will report to support again and see what to do on Windows.. will keep you posted.

Adobe tech support- I hope you document the issue somewhere to help users?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. All files are ending up in the trash. It has happened maybe 3 times in the last 4 months or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Creative Cloud will only move items to trash is they are either deleted on another computer or device or if you delete them from the Creative Cloud website. Can you confirm that your not doing either of these things?, Can you also describe in more detail exactly what your seeing?

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warner,
Yes I can confirm that neither of these are the case. I only access these files on the laptop I am using, and I have never used the CC website to view my files.

Whenever this issue has happened, I noticed upon opening the app and seeing that the folder is either empty or only has a few of the files that are usually there. In the instances where a few folders remained I have noticed the sync icon on those files - perhaps I was disconnected from CC without noticing... My coworker had the same issue yesterday, and she saw that only her newest files were in the folder (those created the previous day).

Thanks, hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so this sounds like we need to investigate further to the cause of the deletes. Please send em your log files.

The logs are located at

Mac:

The log file can be found here:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CloudSync/CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later

see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Windows:

The log file can be found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CloudSync\CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Please zip them up and send them to SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem as myklg75552895. I do collaborate on these folders and I doubled check with everyone that no one has deleted anything and they haven't it normally happens after a full day of work and when we come back in the office in the morning and start the syncing the folders begin to disappear into the trash can except for the most recent work. Here's a screenshot of how the files look in the trash can:

Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 10.25.42 AM.png

I tried locating the log folder you mentioned but I can't seem to locate it. I attached a photo of the folder structure.

Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 10.18.18 AM.png

ps. as I was trying to locate the log folder I realized there is a strange duplicate of my creative cloud folder inside my /Users folder with a parenthesis that says (unknown)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have an internal bug open for this issue now and we are investigating. The bug number is 3968922. We hope to get back to you shortly with some more information.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I use my CC-account on both OSX and Win 7, and this has happened on both systems. Like once a week, and it just happened again. It starts with CC complaining about not being able to sync certain files. And suddenly EVERYTHING is in the trash bin, except for the files that are currently opened. It's being solved, thankfully, by restarting CC. But this is awfully annoying, scary and makes the whole usage of CC feel so uncertain compared to the never-failing Dropbox.

Plus, as one of my workstations uses mobile 4G internet this becomes a cost issue as well as CC has to sync 4-5 gb of data everytime this happens. My 20 gb/month of data transfers is finishing quickly because of this.

This is so basic for every workflow at any company around the world. Files, entire projects, just CANNOT simply vanish from your computer without warning. Even though the data is "safe" in the Cloud, this is a major, major issue in my opinion.

Please fix this! Regards,

/Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mykl,

The files and folder that vanished from your Creative Cloud files folder, we these files and folders shared with anyone? are you logged in to Creative Cloud on any other devices or computers. It sounds very much like someone has access to these files via collaboration and the deletes are actually being made by the person who the files are shared from. We have already found evidence of this happening from majmanCC in the messages above. Can you confirm that your files or folder are in a collaboration and are in fact shared with your team?

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wharress‌ - I sent an update to you regarding your suggestion that the files might have been deleted by a user ( Files are getting deleted from creative cloud ).

As I mentioned in the other thread, this is unlikely the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have access to these files on one device (my work laptop) and my account is not shared with anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My entire team is experiencing a similar if not the same issue.

Many files are inexplicably in the trash, and not just on one person's machine.

Looking at the log files for today, i see a number of these lines:

20150423-124819.981: UglyHackToWorkAroundSharedCloudBug3649658: using for path /files/...

And then:

20150423-124820.027: Converted 2352 entries...

Also a ton of:

20150423-124820.099: Server Monitor Change: t=MovedFrom path=/files/...

20150423-124820.099: Server Monitor Change: t=MovedTo path=/archive/...

Note:

This has all happened after the previous "Creative Cloud Files (unknown)" debacle from two weeks ago. Currently on 2.0.0.74

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We currently have engineers looking into this issue.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation here. What should we do. This is very frustrating. I have over 90 GB of files, most were moved to the trash - will new files in CC folder be overwritten? Should I avoid using the CC folder? This is unacceptable and a waste of time (i.e. 90 GB sync is costing us time and money).

There appears to be another issue as well. My storage is said to be full in the CC desktop app, even though I should have 10GB free. My Archive folder is nearly empty. It looks like there are invisible files somewhere in the cloud storage....

Restoring files from the Archive is not working either (I get the "Working, please wait a moment" message, yet nothing happens).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sebastien,

Do you have any collaborations set up on your account?, the files that go missing, are they from a folder or is it every file in your Creative Cloud folder? Are you logged in to Creative Cloud on any other computer or device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation here in Germany. I try to explain it as clearly as possible even though that might be hard because the problem is pretty weird:

setup:

I am working at home office, collaborating with an agency and freelancers via CC. iMac OS X 10.10.3, MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.5 (same issues on both machines).

situation:

I was working as normal with CC on last Friday, set the computer to sleep mode and on Monday morning 10 GB from 18 GB of cloud data were missing on my machine as well on the CC-website – from my point of view. To my colleagues in the agency everything on their computers and CC-websites looks alright. The files got moved to my trash. I can´t recognize a pattern what got moved. On my harddrive folder level 1 and 2 look ok, folder levels 3 and more have a lot of empty folders, files and subfolders missing. Some of these got moved to the trash still within their folder structure, some folder structures got taken apart.

CC shows the green check-hook and says "Dateien aktuell" ("All data up to date"). The files and folders were shared with several people, no one moved or deleted them.

I cannot sent log files because within Mac Hard Drive/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe lies no "CloudSync" folder.

what it´s not:

- It is not the bug from the last CC update that created a second "Creative Cloud Files" folder. I had that, too. Got solved by deleting the older one.

- No one deleted the files.

- I do have the rights to access the files and folders, I set up some of them myself.

This is indeed very frustrating and discouraging, costing a lot of time and money.

Is there a quick solution like deleting the cloud/cloud files and resynchronizing everything for now? CC does not let me uninstall and reinstall it, for other applications need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note:

My colleagues now have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

While we are still investigating this issue, we would suggest you re start the Creative Cloud and the CoreSync process. This can be done manually in Activity monitor on Mac or Task Manager on Windows. A system reboot would also do the same thing.

We hope by doing this, your data that was trashed locally will then be re synced from Creative Cloud and return your sync to a normal state.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does nothing because files are being moved to the Archive folder on CC as well - they are being treated as if they were manually deleted. After a restart, CC does not move anything back to their original folders.

This was my initial reflex when it first happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System reboot had no impact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issues as everyone. It all happenned today. This is extremely concerning because it deleted a large master folder and we have a deadline for tomorrow. It is a collaboration folder but no one collaborating it deleted it - we know this for a fact. Very concerning - looking forward to an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi testingggggg,

We're extremely concerned that this has impacted your deadline and I am profusely apologetic that we appear not to have replied to you sooner, there is no excuse for this.  We'd like you to give us the opportunity to put things right if at all possible by asking you to help us identify the root cause of this issue?

We released a hot fix on the 14th of June and we'd like to know if you are still experiencing this issue; if you are please could you provide us with the following information by sending an email to syncforum-communication@adobe.com:

• Could you send us your log files so that we can investigate further? (instructions to access and send the CoreSync log files are below)
  • Were all of your files moved to trash or was it just some of them?
  • Do you have any missing files that we could try to recover?

Accessing and sending CoreSync log files

Please zip up the entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below and attach it to the email.

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read these pages for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html (Mac)

Warmest wishes and apologies once again,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marshall,

we have verified our fix and an update will be with you very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just happened again. 2 GB of data got moved to the trash. Exactly the same situation as in May:

- beginning of the month

- computer was shut down for the weekend

- started up on monday

- 2 GB of data got moved to the trash without any notice

Sorry to say, but this is not acceptable. You have to hurry up. This issue is no minor nuisance but costing real time money and a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines