• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud keeps moving all of my files into the trash can

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entire folders and files disappear from my Creative Cloud folder and they get moved to the trash can. Is there a reason this keeps happening? How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Well- good news/bad news update. Good new is that the MAC I first reported on sync issue is fine after the support changed my permissions. But now, I am trying to sync on a Windows machine, and getting the deleting again. I guess I will report to support again and see what to do on Windows.. will keep you posted.

Adobe tech support- I hope you document the issue somewhere to help users?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm what version of Creative Cloud app you are running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated it and I'm running version 2.1.1.110

Does this version include the fix to this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sofiam91474411,

The hot-fix that we released on the 14th of June should have resolved this issue, we are reaching out to customers to see if this is indeed the case.  Could you tell us if you are still experiencing the same behaviour?

We really do appreciate the help and feedback you have given to us as its really important to us that we get this experience right for you.

If you are still experiencing issues then please come back to us as soon as you can:

We released a hot fix on the 14th of June and we'd like to know if you are still experiencing this issue; if you are please could you provide us with the following information by sending an email to syncforum-communication@adobe.com:

• Could you send us your log files so that we can investigate further? (instructions to access and send the CoreSync log files are below)
  • Were all of your files moved to trash or was it just some of them?
  • Do you have any missing files that we could try to recover?

Accessing and sending CoreSync log files

Please zip up the entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below and attach it to the email.

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read these pages for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html (Mac)

Warmest wishes and apologies once again,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ashley,

I am having this same problem now. Is there a way to fix this? I am on a super big deadline and cannot afford to to be panicking with disappearing files. Please help!

I emailed syncforum-communication@adobe.com but have not heard back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just had the same problem..
Now we are thinking about choosing Dropbox instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, all was well, and now this morning, my two collaborative folders are dismantled and in my trash (I have two accounts and share between them myself; NO ONE HAS MOVED ITEMS TO TRASH MANUALLY). This is a massive problem professionally. The Adobe support gentleman I spoke with acted like this has never been an issue before and told me it was impossible and someone moved something despite my argument to the contrary. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! We started experiencing the same problem this week. Some folders go to the trash without anyone doing it manually.

It seams that only collaborative folders are going to the trash.

Working on Macs. Tried restarting but it didn't help.

Adobe, please what is the solution? Help us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ... I have a new macbook pro with vmware fusion that allows parallel running of Windows and Mac OS. On my Mac OS, the collaborative files (it's isolated to collaborative) are missing. On my Windows virtual machine, the files are all present and accounted for, including the collaborative files that are missing on the mac. Also, the account from which I shared the files is on a Windows machine, and it has all the files, as well. Unfortunately, I don't have all the updated applications in the other account, and I don't have the same fonts on my Windows virtual machine, so I have to have the account on the mac side in working order! Need resolution! Also, does anyone know if I restore the collaborative files from trash back onto the cloud, will that mess with the same files that still exist in the other account and on my virtual machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi clemo GROARR,

We are really sorry that this issue has caused a lot of pain.  We are reaching out to customers since the hot-fix we released on the 14th of June which included a fix for this to see if this issue is still occurring for you.  There are a number of complex workflows in this area and its important that we try to pin down exactly what is happening for you.

If you are still experiencing this issue please could you provide us with the following information by sending an email to syncforum-communication@adobe.com:

• Could you send us your log files so that we can investigate further? (instructions to access and send the CoreSync log files are below)

Please zip up the entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below and attach it to the email.

Mac:

Windows:

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read these pages for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html (Mac)

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Staff,

I am still experiencing this issue. What was the resolution? I called tech support and they treating this a new issue. Very frustrating.

~Carole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carole, Can you follow the advice above and send me your log files please

If you are still experiencing this issue please could you provide us with the following information by sending an email to syncforum-communication@adobe.com:

Mac:

Windows:

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant believe how long this is taking to be fixed. Honestly I dont really care anymore since our team has moved to another system storing and sharing assets (and I probably won't ever trust CC for work-critical files again). Adobe messed up bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This system reboot had no impact here either, and now files are being moved to the archive folder on the Creative Cloud but duplicated on our folders too. Its very confusing and time consuming so we are stopping our creative cloud usage until this gets fully resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue. It seems to be that MOST, but not all, files that live in a secondary folder have been moved to the trash. This means HUNDREDS (if not THOUSANDS) of files in one folder, out of their original folders, alphabetically, a disaster to put back in the correct folder since there are multiple users all contributing work to these folders. adobecreativecloud‌ !!!! Please tell me you have a fix for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly I'm very sorry that you've had this less than ideal experience.  I completely understand the pain this has caused you.

We have a fix for this issue, which we are working to validate to ensure there are no recurrences.

It has taken us some time to get this fix in place because we have struggled to successfully replicate the issue in house.  We have enough data from the information you provided, as well as the log files you shared, to understand the reason for the issue.  This has lead us to the fix I mentioned.

As I mentioned, we need to validate the fix before rolling it out.  I'll keep you informed of when you can expect to see an update.

Thanks,

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

derekajack‌ wharress‌

Relaunched CC today and it appears that things are being restored from trash. Can you confirm that there has been an update? Still says version 2.0.0.74

Now there's another 1200+ files that are re-syncing (yet again) so let's see where things land when that finishes.

Lack of communication around this issue, and the severity and frequency of CC sync issues in general have left us looking back to Google/Dropbox for day-to-day file storage and syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same is happening to me...Going to probably have to stop using Creative Cloud for storage after all the breaking bugs over the past two months. It's just not to be considered a backup solution and definitely not reliable collaborative storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ijernigan,

We are truly very sorry for your inconvenience.  We released a hot fix on the 14th of June and we'd like to know if you are still experiencing this issue; if you are please could you provide us with the following information by sending an email to syncforum-communication@adobe.com.:

Mac:

Windows:

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue within our company! Please fix soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brandonb74366063,

We're extremely sorry that you and your colleagues have had a less than ideal experience, its really important that we get this right for you so any help that you can give us will be really appreciated.

We released a hot fix on the 14th of June and we'd like to know if you are still experiencing this issue; if you are please could you provide us with the following information by sending an email to syncforum-communication@adobe.com:

Mac:

Windows:

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue in our company, and it is causing serious trouble, we are desperate to get this solved as soon as possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hind,

a fix will be made available very soon for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hind,

We're really sorry that you have been inconvenienced and I hope you will give me a chance to get this rectified for you.  We released a hot fix on the 14th of June and we'd like to know if you are still experiencing this issue; if you are please could you provide us with the following information by sending an email to syncforum-communication@adobe.com:

Mac:

Windows:

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue. Had to restore from my trash three times already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi numinumi,

We're very sorry that you have had to restore from your trash folder three times, its really important to us that we get your syncing experience right so we would be extremely grateful if you could work with us on this.

Mac:

Windows:

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines