• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Libraries taking up lots of space on C Drive

Engaged ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My C Drive isn't that big (I use other drives for most files) but a lot of programs try to save everything on there thus rendering it full. CC has many "renditions" files which seem to be various vector images. I don't know if these are graphics I saved to CC Libraries but why are they being stored locally? I thought they'd be saved on the cloud not taking up space on the local drive.

Fastertrack_0-1620755547767.png

Folder as shown in WinDirStat

Fastertrack_1-1620755738554.png

One of the files

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fastertrack,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. A few additional questions

• How large is your C drive?
  • How much drive space is being taken up by the Creative Cloud Libraries folder?

I'm not sure if I will be able to help but at least I can compare to usage my system.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be best if I show an overview of the drives:

Fastertrack_0-1620857162409.png

C is 118GB as it's intended to be system only. A lot of programs don't allow for this multi-drives function though and I often have to re-route file saving. Libraries are taking up 3.95 GB. Adobe AppData total is 11.7 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. On my Windows 10 system the C drive is 2TB (M.2 SSD) with about 1.5TB free. What you show for usage is somewhat similar to mine. App data is using 41GB and the Creative Cloud Libraries is using about 400MB. Are the drives on your system separate physical drives or did you partitiion your drive(s) this way? Based on my personal experience, Adobe doesn't work well with the kind of system configuration you're trying to use. You can specify to install the programs on a separate partition in the Creative Cloud desktop app preferences but when doing so a fair amout of space is still used on the OS drive like you're describing. Having the Adobe apps installed on a drive other than the OS drive can also cause other issues too in some cases. When SSD drives first came out I had a 128GB SSD drive for just the OS and several additonal SATA drives for storage and ran into similar issues as what you're describing, after that on subsequent systems I've went with a large enough HD to install all apps on OS drive but will have my work/media/scratch disks on a separate drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That C drive is really too small for serious use. Many, many things demand space on C. You should keep at least 50GB free to avoid performance problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

When I bought the PC it had two internal drives (one broken, gah). A small C Drive intended for OS only (SSD) and a larger (1TB) HDD drive for data. The trouble is most programs don't allow for this configuration so everything tries to save onto the same location as the system files. I have been trying to re-route files to the other drives with difficulty and I don't know how to move Documents, Pictures, etc, default directory.

I've been trying to clear space on C but a lot of files are generated so I haven't a clue what does what. It's stupid how programs and Windows don't really allow for this 2-drives setup given it isn't uncommon for new PCs since SSD is more expensive than HDD.

Fastertrack_0-1620897503928.png

Not a clue what this is. I'm using WinDirStat to see file sizes on the drives. Virtually all of the files are either generated by Windows or a program and I don't how to safely clear things without breaking something.

Fastertrack_1-1620897702362.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A small C Drive intended for OS only (SSD) and a larger (1TB) HDD drive for data. " I have no idea who had the idea to set up PCs that way. It's just not useful or viable. If you have only a tiny SSD it can't be the C drive. I guess they do this to cut down the cost, but you're left with a machine not suitable for serious use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't my PC but related (same brand), to show what I mean:

https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=1D4A1EA&opt=ABU&sel=DTP

It's quite frustrating having to manually re-route everything when I'm not a hardware expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a small SSD for your OS and a larger mechanical drive for other files was a very common thing to do when SSDs were more expensive and storage capacities smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@StijnS98 

these are user forums.  to report bugs or ideas or wishes to adobe: for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for createive cloud assets:

bugs, https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-collaboration-experiences/ct-p/ct-adobe-collaboration-experienc...

requests, https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-collaboration-experiences/ct-p/ct-adobe-collaboration-experienc...

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

if neither show a place to report the issue, just leave it here. that's the best you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines