• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud moved almost 5,000 cloud files to the trash automatically.

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud moved almost 5,000 cloud files to the trash automatically. I walk away from my desk for about 20 minutes, come back, and see that 4,888+ files have been moved to the trash in my mac notifications. There's no way that I could've selected that many files individually to throw away, so what gives? How could it automatically do that? How can I fix it? I surely don't have time to hand place that many files back into their folders.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

To understand why it happened please send the Core Sync logs to the Core Sync team.

Use the Adobe Log Collector Tool at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and directly email the logs plus explanation of the problem to SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com. Please provide the additional information outlined by Warner Harress in this Adobe forum post at https://forums.adobe.com/message/8385752#8385752.

To recover the files to their original location please use the Restore op

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A move but no answer?

How could the software do that by itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To understand why it happened please send the Core Sync logs to the Core Sync team.

Use the Adobe Log Collector Tool at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and directly email the logs plus explanation of the problem to SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com. Please provide the additional information outlined by Warner Harress in this Adobe forum post at https://forums.adobe.com/message/8385752#8385752.

To recover the files to their original location please use the Restore option from the Archive at https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive.

restore_all_from_archive.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four years later .... There is still no solution. I just spent a lot of time on chat with a support rep. They cannot tell you why the files are deleted, even if you send them the CoreSync logs, so don't waste your time trying to hunt for them. We are making a companywide decision to stop using Creative Cloud. The support team was completely unhelpful and we have spent an enormous amount of production time trying to find and restore deleted files. Support also could not tell us how to prevent this from happening again. My advice? DO NOT USE CC FOR FILE SHARING! Use Dropbox or Sharefile or any service that is more reliable. We are sorely disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your experience. And to it I would add: always have good, local backups readily accessible. Some people have made the decision to drop backups when moving to the cloud, yet this is when they are needed the most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. We are learning that the hard way and are implementing more redundancy to our internal backup processes to make sure we don't have to go through this again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines