This conversation has been locked.

Creative Cloud not syncing to Creative Cloud Files Folder

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have been using Creative Cloud since the beginning, but I noticed this week that it is no longer syncing my desktop files to the cloud.

All my apps are up to do date, the icon is as it should be black and not greyed out.  When I click into the Creative Cloud, Sync is turned on in preferences, sync is activated in th files part, but when I click into the folder I see all my files, but no green ticks on the folders and no syncing

I have been using it for a long time and its been working fine until now.  I only noticed this week when some stuff I put into the cloud, never synced with my desktop folder.

I recently moved a lot of files and did a tidy up, but it was working fine after that and just stopped working.

Can someone please let me know what I cant try to get this working again.

Thanks in advance for your help

Billy

I delete the CoreSync database files and it seems to have solved my problem.

Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Go to:

Mac:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSyncSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync

And delete any file that has *.db (or a variation such as *.db-wal)

Restart the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here, running Yosemite 10.10.3 on a late 2011 MBP. I have the same alert as everyone else that stems from downloading assets from the marketplace: SOME FILES FAILED TO SYNC (Learn More).

If you click 'Learn More' it opens a new dialog stating that "There was a problem syncing some files", and in small print "For more information click the specific errors below" which leads nowhere and gives no information. You can, however, view the files in their folder. Once you stare at them for a few minutes, your files still don't sync.

Rather than create a new administrator user or attempt to blame this lack of file sync on my computer, I have found a two step solution that has shown promise.

1. Turn off CC file sync
  2. Use Dropbox

It's like magic. Try it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HyperPing wrote:

Rather than create a new administrator user or attempt to blame this lack of file sync on my computer, I have found a two step solution that has shown promise.

1. Turn off CC file sync
  2. Use Dropbox

It's like magic. Try it.

I imagine we are all aware of the other file syncing services out there, I use four of them myself. That's fine for your native files, but doesn't address the Adobe Libraries not syncing, which is the issue raised by a number of people in this thread who use that feature. Your comment, pithy as it might be, sadly adds nothing to the discussion. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is now over a year old. There have been many releases of the Creative Cloud desktop application since then, and the root cause for the original issue raised here was addressed some time ago.

Old replies and suggestions may now be out of date and confusing. This is making it harder to offer support. For this reason, I'm locking this forum thread to prevent new replies.

Please create a new forum thread if you are currently experiencing any issues with the Creative Cloud desktop application.

Thanks and regards,

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines