• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud "File syncing disabled. Contact your IT administrator for details" ???

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Windows 10.

Creative Cloud file syncing is disabled.

Going to: Creative Cloud Desktop / Settings / Syncing says:

"You don't have access to manage preferences for Syncing

Permission fro your IT administrator may be required."

I have no IT department. This is just me and my new computer. What am i supposed to do?

TOPICS
File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Resolved.

Adobe Customer Care agent commandeered my computer and for several hours was unable to solve the problem until…

Complete uninstall and re-install of all Adobe Products.

Boom.
Works flawlessly now.

They couldn't tell me what was wrong specifically, but this was apparently the only solution.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First Restart your computer.

Then check that you are Signed In to your computer with an Administrators account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I'm an administrator. Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go in to Creative Cloud / Settings / to look at my preferences for Synching it just says:

You don't have access to manage preferences for Syncing.

Permission from your IT administrator may be required.

Its a total dead end. Doesn't tell me what to do. So confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of computer are you using? Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anna27578085quu4 

reset the cc desktop app:

make sure it's in the foreground, then press:
Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...
and then reinstall*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired

update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app*

*use the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant solution and it worked for me. 

Note that I had previously uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe and that did not solve the problem. The extra steps @kglad  has listed has definitely helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all of these and the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nicholas31687743qnw3 

what's your situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT advised to start a RoboHelp trial under a personal account. The Review function worked (probably because it was using my Personal account for storage). They gave me an Enterprise user account and added RH 2020 to it (I have since upgraded to 2022, but the problem was there from the beginning). As soon as I activated the license, the Review function stopped working and I get the "File syncing disabled, contact IT" message. It also shows I have no storage. I have tried to uninstall/reninstall every Adobe product from my laptop, plus all the procedures you mentioned. My IT rep showed me the Admin Console and there was no restriction on syncing. I also tried:  Peter Grainge's suggestion of removing the Cloud ID line from the project file and deleting the previous review files, deleting the options.tix file from CoreSync (it isn't there), doing and End Task on all Adobe and CoreSync in the Task Manager, and a few others. Still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nicholas31687743qnw3 

you need to work with your plan admin to resolve this.  they can contact adobe support if they need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have. Multiple times. They can't seem to resolve it. Was hoping someone here might know Adobe products better than Adobe 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not able to help beyond stating the obvious; something's fouled in your account settings. whether that's on your admin's end or adobe's end, i don't know, but it's unlikely to be anything on your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok - I thought that was the point of your original post (trying something beyond calling support). Apologies. I will post somewhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved.

Adobe Customer Care agent commandeered my computer and for several hours was unable to solve the problem until…

Complete uninstall and re-install of all Adobe Products.

Boom.
Works flawlessly now.

They couldn't tell me what was wrong specifically, but this was apparently the only solution.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and it did not work. Any other solutions? Is it possible that sync does not work with trials?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried all these steps and it did not fix it for me either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue.
Uninstalling and installing again doesn't fix it. 
Did anyone manage to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed my email from my school systems email domain and made it a gmail
and that solved it for me. --

Alyssa D'Alessandro
W0705303
Major: Visual Art
Email: alyssa.dalessandro@selu.edu
Phone: (985) 288-7206
Classification: Junior
Class of: 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following @kglad 's instructions fixed it for me. Previously uninstalling and reinstalling did not help for me wither, you need the extra steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@qnik 

thanks for the follow up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went in to task manager, force 'end task' on all adobe services in 'background processes', then ran creative cloud as administrator. This solved it for me without uninstalling anything 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will help everyone-- but I went into Activity Monitor (Mac, Task Manager for PC) and closed out all of the Adobe Processes and CoreSync then restarted my computer and it started working again when I reopened Creative Cloud. Worth a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have chased my tail for months and several support calls with Adobe. I just found out that if you have an Adobe Acrobat Pro subscription alone you will get this "error". I signed in with a user that had a license for Creative Suite and the desktop sync worked correctly. I was informed that any license other than Acrobat will suffice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines