Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Slows Down My Computer

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Screen Grab 1: Time I woke my Mac up (09:28:52)

Creative-Cloud-1.jpg

Screen Grab 2: Image of Sync still trying to run an hour and ten minutes after my computer woke up!

When my MAC first wakes up, and CC tries to run, it slows the computer right down. Trying to launch anything is slow, but launching anything which connects to the internet (browser/email) gets badly effected!

I checked my activity monitor...

Creative-Cloud-2.jpg

Screen Grab 3: Shows the CPU usage (as a %) when my computer first wakes up.

Screen Grab 4: Shows the CPU usage after Firefox and Mail have finished launching and the core CPU usage is Adobe CC software.

Screen Grab 5: Shows the energy usage by my computer, again CC is at the top.

Screen Grab 6: Is of my settings. At 100% transfer speed I have no chance of connecting anything else to the internet on start up. At 75%-100% during the working day it slows my computer down if I'm trying to refresh the browser, whilst working on a website, and CC is trying to sync something. I have a 50MB connection.

I've been told that sometimes sync goes a little weird if the computer has been turned off during a sync. I usually check to ensure the blue transfer arrows aren't in the top bar, meaning CC is not syncing. I also use a HP laptop and it's just as slow on there when it first wakes up, although not as bad, only about 10 minutes wait.

There seems to be a major issue with CC if IT DOES get effected by someone turning their computer off. To still be trying to connect and run well over an hour after the computer was woken up is ridiculous! It's still not connected (11:09)!!!!

I just can't use it any more and will switch over to Dropbox, turning Sync off and just using CC to update apps. It has all the potential to be a great and useful app, but falls short with its excessive CPU and energy usage. The fact it throws its toys out of the pram if you switch it off during a sync is bad. People will often have to do that, say working on a train and the connection gets lost during syncing or they need to close the lid of their laptop to get off the train quickly.

It took until 11:20 to connect and sync, nearly 2 hours after my computer started up!!!

Another issue is it says "Some files failed to sync" on the MAC, yet the same files on the PC CC are fine???? What's that all about?

Creative-Cloud-3.jpg

"All files up to date" on the left is the PC this morning. "Some files failed to sync" is the MAC this morning, exactly the same files. The files are the "_notes" that your product, Dreamweaver, produces. BUT, as you can see from the screen grab below, some "_notes" folders are green ticked and some are red exclamation marks! Why? How can the folder folder names be OK and NOT OK? Thankfully this is an old website, that I should remove from CC, as I no longer keep _notes" because of this issue.

Specifications (although I had different MACS with higher specs and it still happened):

Mac Mini (Late 2014)

OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

2.6 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB Memory

Intel Iris 1536MB Graphics

1TB Sata Disk (852GB free space)

HP Pavilion 17G015NA Notebook

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Intel Core i5

2.2GHz

8GB Memory

1TB Disk (816GB free space)

I had a major issue the other day. CC finally synced, so I thought, and started working on a site and uploaded my local files, with new Foundation 6 scripts. Not realising it hadn't actually synced and the files I was uploading were from the day before and not the night before - when I worked on them on my laptop. I had to boot up my laptop, trying to stop it syncing straight away, so I could upload the latest files form the night before, then downloading them to my local folder on my MAC. This is sadly the only way I know for sure I have the latest files on each computer. Downloading them from the server as I can't trust what has been synced by CC. This surely defeats the objective of CC, in that it is supposed to allow the users to access the same files on each machine. I can't wait for nearly two hours for CC to sync my MAC with what I worked on the night before on the HP. Plus it slows down my computer and makes it unusable for about 15-20 minutes.

Please let me know when you sort it out Adobe.

Cheers

Glynn

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Hi Glynn:

Apologizes for your inconvenience. We need more information to understand your issue and could you please send us the logs on your both machines using log collector tool which could be downloaded from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.htmland send to me at SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com.? We would like to investigate your issue and provide the solution.

Please provide the information as below:

• Adobe ID:
  • Forum post link:
  • Are you using Creative Cloud collaboration

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glynn:

Apologizes for your inconvenience. We need more information to understand your issue and could you please send us the logs on your both machines using log collector tool which could be downloaded from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.htmland send to me at SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com.? We would like to investigate your issue and provide the solution.

Please provide the information as below:

• Adobe ID:
  • Forum post link:
  • Are you using Creative Cloud collaboration:
  • How many computers you use with Creative Cloud:
  • Type of internet connectivity (Ethernet/WiFi):
  • Using a proxy (Y/N):
  • Firewall (None/Corporate/Local):
  • Timezone of your computer:

Best Regards

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have to say how much it is annoying that support continually like to suggest it is a personal computer problem that CC slows up computers when it is a known issue that is denied. If you look at many of the forums they are closed off without really resolving the issue permanently. The issue gets resolved once but keep recurring. So it is a false impression that the issues are solved. The 2020 code is flawed and needs to be fixed by the engineers - plain and simple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This product is so annoying everytime i open my laptop i7 16Gb ram cloud updating himself without authorozation and thats the reason my computer got slow and i uses almost 7GB of ram in just updating .the only thing i did is uninstall it and never use it again it solve my problem no more lag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cannot run creative cloud on my computer or my wifes computer. We go into activity monitor and it's always some creative cloud helper doing the damage and it just keeps respawning. This is a known issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines