Creative Cloud Sync cannot start

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On Windows 8.1 I started having the issue with huge CoreSync.log files a few weeks ago. Sync didn't work anymore and the daily CoreSync.log files just kept growing (each file up to more than 150 GB - yes, gigabytes!!!).

Today I tried uninstalling the CreativeCloud Desktop App using the CC Cleaner Tool (choose CreativeCloud Only), and then reinstalled the app.

Now sync doesn't start at all: the CoreSync.log file shows

<majorstate>syncing</majorstate>

<minorstate>starting</minorstate>

and in the UI under Assets-->Files it shows that file sync is turned off. Tried to disable file sync/restart pc/enable file sync, but the problem persists.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks for the additional info Jesper,

I'll have things checked on the server side but could you also collect log files for us? You can download the log file collector from here: Log Collector Tool

After you run it, it will create a .zip file on your desktop of all of the log files from your system. If you could upload and share a link with me on where to download the .zip from, I'll pass it on to our engineering dept. to review. You can send the link privately by clicking on my name here in the forums and select the message option.

Engineering may have some additional questions but all this will help us get started.

Thanks,

- Dave

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud Sync cannot start

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On Windows 8.1 I started having the issue with huge CoreSync.log files a few weeks ago. Sync didn't work anymore and the daily CoreSync.log files just kept growing (each file up to more than 150 GB - yes, gigabytes!!!).

Today I tried uninstalling the CreativeCloud Desktop App using the CC Cleaner Tool (choose CreativeCloud Only), and then reinstalled the app.

Now sync doesn't start at all: the CoreSync.log file shows

<majorstate>syncing</majorstate>

<minorstate>starting</minorstate>

and in the UI under Assets-->Files it shows that file sync is turned off. Tried to disable file sync/restart pc/enable file sync, but the problem persists.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'll have things checked on the server side but could you also collect log files for us? You can download the log file collector from here: Log Collector Tool

After you run it, it will create a .zip file on your desktop of all of the log files from your system. If you could upload and share a link with me on where to download the .zip from, I'll pass it on to our engineering dept. to review. You can send the link privately by clicking on my name here in the forums and select the message option.

Engineering may have some additional questions but all this will help us get started.

Thanks,

- Dave

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 04, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VonLiljeVass,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I would go ahead and delete the large log files if you haven't already.

For troubleshooting the sync issue could you try the following

• Install all Windows updates
  • Ensure you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app from the preferences, should be version 4.4.0.294.
  • What anti-virus software do you use? You might try turning off the anti-virus temporarily and turning file sync on (testing whether file sync operation is being affected by the anti-virus software).
  • If you have an other cloud storage programs also running try disabling these and re-enabling sync, for example Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.

Please let us know if this helps.

Best,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thank you for getting back to me on this issue.

All Windows updates installed - always.

Creative Cloud app is version is 4.4.0.294 and Creative Cloud Sync writes 2.4.4.71.

I'm using regular built-in Windows 8.1 Windows Defender.

I shot down Google Drive Sync and Dropbox.

No difference - still doesn't work. Everything worked just fine until approx mid-January.

Additional info: I have the Creative Cloud app running on a Windows Server 2012 as well, and until yesterday I thought it was running just fine as always. Normally this instance only downloads from the cloud to a separate storage, but yesterday I copied a few files to this storage (and thereby triggered Creative Cloud Sync to start uploading these changes) and later realized that it started the exact same behaviour - the CoreSync.log file had grown to 55 GB - which exhausted the disk capacity.

So now my suspicion is that this something failing on the server side...

Can you investigate further, please?

Br Jesper

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave - I just sent you the links using private message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

It's been a while and I'm still without sync functionality.

In the meanwhile Creative Cloud client has been updated to 4.4.1.298 and Creative Cloud Sync now in version 2.4.82.

Looks like the CoreSync log files are no longer growing to crazy extends, but sync still does not start on any of my clients.

Could you please give me an update.

Many thanks!

Br Jesper

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2018 0