Creative Cloud Sync overlay icons are no longer displayed

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

since a few days the overlay icons of the file sync are not shown to me anymore.

System: Windows 10 Pro Build 18363
Creative Cloud: 5.3.1.470
Apps: 5.3.1.470
CoreSync: 4.3.71.1
CCX Process: 4.1.0.36
CC Library: 3.9.27.3

Sometimes the synchronization doesn't seem to work at all (the loading circle is permanently displayed next to Synchronize) or it hangs for hours on a file. I can't tell which file it is, because I don't see any status icons like the green checkmark anymore.

I have reinstalled the CC several times, deleted various folders (OOBE, AAMUpdater, contents of SLStore/SLCache) following instructions, cleaned up the Hosts file with the CC Cleaner, uninstalled OneDrive and deleted the ShellOverlayIcons in regedit and restored them by reinstalling.

None of this really helped. The PC was just rebooted a few weeks ago. Everything worked fine until a few days ago.

Today I noticed something else: If I have File Explorer open, pause the sync in the CC client, exit and restart the client, and then resume the sync, I get the overlay icons for about a second.

Are there any other solutions or people who currently have the same problem?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?