Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud - Sync stuck in loop

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know how to remedy this?

I've logged out and logged in to both computers with CC installed. On my MacBook Pro, there's no issue but on my Windows 7 machine, this is all CC does - "Syncing files 12 of 17". Or it starts with 16/17. It's always one of the two and it just does that infinitely. It does it incredibly fast, appearing like a flash. Help/advice?? Thanks!

screenshot.JPG

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Hi Cliff,

I’ve seen some other recent reports of sync running continuously and never completing.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10367869?tstart=0#10367869

Maybe try these suggestions

1) One of the people on the posted resolved by installing some pending OS updates.

2) A second person resolved it by recreating some of the CoreSync database files. They mention the continuous sync being brought on by changing the location of the Creative Cloud Files folder.

Please try these steps after stopping all of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Hello, 

I had the same problem in 2021, the synchronization was endless. Then I have quickly tried this method a first time as they say above :

1. First, stop syncing and shut down the Creative Cloud app
  2. Second, just in case, delete all temporary files in AppData\Local\Temp
  3. Third, delete the {hash}.db, {hash}.db-shm and {hash}.db-wal from AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Coresync
  4. Finally, launch the Creative Cloud app and start syncing

... But that did not work, because I was too impatient.
So I tried again a secon

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi georazz,

Could you send us your log files so that we can investigate further? Please zip up the entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below and send it to me at bmordue@adobe.com.

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

'AppData' is a hidden folder. Please read this page for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Thank you,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

georazz,

Thank you for sending the log. We're currently investigating this issue.

Ben

w3806498

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I see this issue comes from 3 years ago but, now I'm having this same issue since the first days of january (2018), I would like ti know if there is a solution for this

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing same issue! What is the solution? My work doesn't going on whit this issue. That's happen just windows, Mac version of adobe cc working very well. I hope getting update and fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue, sync gets stuck in infinite loops.  Seems Creative Cloud can not keep track of which file is actually which file on either computer and continues to transfer data indefinitely.

2018-05-24 Adobe Sync0.JPG

2018-05-24 Adobe Sync1.JPG

2018-05-24 Adobe Sync2.JPG

2018-05-24 Adobe Sync3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cliff,

I’ve seen some other recent reports of sync running continuously and never completing.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10367869?tstart=0#10367869

Maybe try these suggestions

1) One of the people on the posted resolved by installing some pending OS updates.

2) A second person resolved it by recreating some of the CoreSync database files. They mention the continuous sync being brought on by changing the location of the Creative Cloud Files folder.

Please try these steps after stopping all of the sync related processes

3. Third, delete the {hash}.db, {hash}.db-shm and {hash}.db-wal from AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Coresync

Let me know if these help,

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For step 2, what are the locations of those files on macOS? I was able to track down Step 3 and gave that a try, but it wasn't enough.

Step 3 on macOS is at ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as you on Mac. Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue happened to me when there was an electricity outage at the office. This software bug is something Adobe should prevent. Deleting temp files seems to be complicated and time consuming, not to mention searching for answers online / in forums. Projects should not "die" when a computer goes off unexpectedly. This things should not happen with a software done by Adobe. The expectation is much higher, especially when there are many other great UX tools in the market. This original post is from 2014, we're in 2020 - 6 years since then, and the same or similar issue happenes again and again. I personally gave up on trying to solve this particular issue (luckily the project was in the beginning). I had to manually recover/recreate the project. Next time I will probably move to a more reliable software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree.  It's almost 2021 and this issue does not goes away. This really defeats the purpouse of using a "Cloud" for project collaboration if in the end things have to be done manually.  Big waste of time and money.  I will try the steps suggested by Cliff later tonight and try to report back if it worked.  I am really tired of having to deal with this crap of a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem continues.  The above solution didn't work this time.   See below.

And Adobe,  how about a sync reset that allows fresh download of files from the cloud resetting sync issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as you on Mac. Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has worked for some, specifically the thing about deleting the {hash} files for me:

say above :      First, stop syncing and shut down the Creative Cloud app     Second, just in case, delete all temporary files in AppData\Local\Temp     Third, delete the {hash}.db, {hash}.db-shm and {hash}.db-wal from AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Coresync     Finally, launch the Creative Cloud app and start syncing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked like a charm! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me - I had a random file I deleted ages ago stuck in the ether, CC kept saying 'failed to sync this file' but it was nowhere to be found in any of my folders. I was getting annoyed by always seeing this error. All fixed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 8.08.24 PM.png

This has not worked for me and it is beyond frustrating. One computer syncs just fine while the other, using the same user name, has neverending sync spooling. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem that you're having! My laptop syncs files just fine, but on my desktop the file syncing keeps getting stuck, and it says there is thousands of files to be synced just like you (in the 9000s like in your screenshot). I would post a screenshot like you did, but I'm actually typing this from my laptop. I don't know why it keeps getting stuck, I've followed all the suggestion offered online. I've paused and unpaused the syncing numerous times(I'm doing that since there doesn't seem to be an option to actually STOP the syncing. I just assume pausing is the same thing at this point), I've deleted the database files in the Coresync folder, I've deleted all my temp files and I have the latest version of Windows installed. 

I'm seriously annoyed by this problem since I'm a university student. I don't want, nor do I have time, to be dealing with problems like this. ESPECIALLY, when I'm paying a monthly subscription for this supposedly "industry standard" software.

I have seen forum posts about this problem as far back as 2013, it is 2021 and this problem still persists despite employees from Adobe claiming this problem has been fixed. Seriously, what is going on at Adobe that it has been 8 years and this issue still hasn't been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue where my sync just stopped syncing and would spin forever. It would eventually show "Syncing: 12 of 275780 files". I let it sit overnight and when I checked it this morning was still at 12. Did a bunch of the work-arounds suggested above but nothing seemed to work. I got a hold of support and they remoted into my machine to take a look. The support person told me that the amount of files (170gb) I was trying to sync is too large. Too which I asked "170gb is too much data?" to which they responded "Yes". I then asked why do you offer 1TB of storage then? I'm using 17% of my data allotment, which we pay extra for, and that's too much? Keep in mind, its worked for months until recently. I remember when Adobe used to be a good software suite...I've already cancelled my personal Adobe account and am using alternative designing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I had the same problem in 2021, the synchronization was endless. Then I have quickly tried this method a first time as they say above :

... But that did not work, because I was too impatient.
So I tried again a second time, being more careful. Here is my progress and some additional details (in red) that may be able to help you :

1. First, stop syncing and shut down the Creative Cloud app  👍
  2. Open the Task Manager and kill all Adobe process because otherwise you cannot delete all temporary files in step 3 as they will still be in use.
  3. Second, Third, just in case, delete all temporary files in AppData\Local\Temp 👍
  4. Third, Fourth, delete the {hash}.db, {hash}.db-shm and {hash}.db-wal from AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Coresync
    sample.jpg

5. Fifth, Restart your computer, this will restart all adobe stopped processes
  6. Finally, launch the Creative Cloud app and start syncing

this step by step work for me, I hope it can help

Bye !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, Perinus.

My situation has currently been resolved and it was because there were too many files to sync.

Although the error literally just said "Can't Sync Files", with no explaination as to why.

So apparently, if you have too many files, it wont sync. Even though I was only using 170GB of my 1TB allotment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Perinus,

This resolved my syncing issue!

Cheers,

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 3 days of looking for an answer to this finally resolved this issue through this answer. Thank you so much Perinus!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem continues for me.  How I solved it this time.   After talking with Adobe support a few times with no resolve, I was able to do the following solution.  It entails complete removal and reinstallation of Adobe.  I wanted to remove all traces of Adobe because each time i uninstalled Creative Cloud and reinstalled it would relink to my sync folder and the problem would persist.

Note: Adobe should have an option to change folders and redownload new file copies instead of moving.  Or sync modification resolution. This would resolve a lot of these sync conflicts with a complete sync reset using the cloud.

Windows PC

**WARNING THIS WILL REMOVE YOUR SETTINGS NOT STORED IN THE CLOUD**

This will completely remove Adobe from your system and return it to near vanilla as if you never installed it before.

• Do your proper file and settings backup.
  • Pause sync
  • Uninstall apps from within Creative Cloud app
  • Logout
  • ctrl+alt+delete to get to task manager.
    • stop all adobe programs, helps to sort by name.
    • if they come back force stop them again and again until you stop them from being pesky
  • Uninstall all remaining adobe apps from the Windows installed programs control panel
  • Rename your creative cloud files folder path to somthing else, append 'bak' to it or something.
  • Delete the Adobe folder in C:\Users\username\Documents.
  • Run the CC Cleaner tool provided by adobe. Clean all. (this begins destructive deletions of your personal settings or unsynced file states if they are not stored in the cloud or backed up.)
  • Navigate to the full path %AppData% under Roaming delete the folder named Adobe, go back one folder and navigate to Local and Local Low.  Remove folders named Adobe
  • Go to C:\Program Files\ and C:\Program Files (x86)\; delete both folders named Adobe
  • Navigate to %Temp%.  Delete all Adobe folders and files
  • Navigate to C:\ProgramData.  Delete Adobe folder.
  • *Any files that say they cannot delete, try again then move on.
  • Restart the machine.
  • Reinstall creative cloud desktop
  • Open and sign in
  • Immediately pause sync upon launch and if you need to point to another cloud documents folder, do so now.  choose move for the popup.  Then start sync again.

Enjoy a clean Adobe cloud as if new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines