Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Syncing never ending / doesnt stop / continuously going

Enthusiast ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have an issue with creative cloud syncing: It never ends. I only have around a thirty PDFs in my creative cloud folder. When I access the PDFs online, they are all there. However, the syncing is ongoing and never stops. It only stops when I delete all my files and folders within the creative cloud folder. I have left my PC on for two weeks now in the hope the syncing would finally come to an end. No chance, it is still syncing. I have a super fast internet connection, so 30 PDFs usually take seconds for me to up- or download.

This is cause for concern, as I am wondering what the hell Adobe is still syncing? It cannot be my PDFs since they are all synced already! Also, this is using my system resources and is putting a strain on my bandwidth!!

Can anyone explain to me:

1.) Why the Creative Cloud App is continuously syncing

2.) What is the app syncing (since my files are all uploaded already)

2.) What I can do to make it stop

I do not want to stop syncing altogether, I just want it to stop after my very minor changes are complete. That said, it does make me wonder if it is a good idea to let Adobe into my system in such a way, if things like this occur!

Any help is greatly appreciated... but please only respond if you know what your talking about!

Don't tell me to reinstall the app - I have done that!

Don't tell me to move files into another folder and then back - I have done that!

No need to tell me how to stop syncing altogether - I know how to do that!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Hey Walter,

I after reviewing your logs our engineering department was able to identify the cause. This issue will be fixed in a future update to the Creative Cloud app. I'm not sure when that will be, but hopefully some time soon.

Thanks for reporting it!

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 106 Replies 106
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's June 2020 and my organisation is STILL having this problem? What's the issue Adobe? 

We moved our Adobe CC Files folders to USB SSD drives to save on limited local drive storage (128GB SSD). Since then it has been a total nightmare. Adobe CC CONSTANTLY tries to sync everytime the machine is restarted or the user logs out. It constantly syncs the SAME files over and over again which takes an AGE.

Any advice on how to fix this? (other than move the cc folder back to the local drive). 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem now, in 2020, I dont even have file sync turned on, it started when I accidently saved an XD document to the cloud as that progam saves to cloud by default unlike every other adobe product. my internet has literally been unusable the past few days while running adobe products, I have needed to enter task manager and end task all adobe apps, cc and core sync just ot be able to use the internet again. I havent got file sync turned on so i decided to go the xd web cloud and delete the cloud save from there, yet core sync kept maxing my netwrok - the ONLY thing ive been able to do to get my internet back is change the file sync bandwith usuage within creative cloud  even though I have cloud sync paused. this is virus like behavoiour...also still no spell check on this forum?

GWATdesign_0-1598846893185.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have a 200Mbit/s speed and two "super ish computers" at two different locations and they can't sync files over the cloud, barely half the files seems to be synchronising. It is currently trying to sync 429 files, but it has used 2 days on 2 files.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this is still a probelm over 4 years after it became a known issue. I too am having this problem. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now, it's 2021/03 and still not fixed... 

probelems came out just after windows upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here, everytime uploading 1.2 mb/s always, the only solution it's to stop the application, how can i solve it, i cannot reinstall the applications since i have 9 applications downloaded that means that i have to delete them all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac user here and it's STILL a problem. It's August 2021. I do not and have not used the cloud for documents so I'm very baffled as to why it's non-stop syncing. Almost every time I look at my menu bar, I see the double blue arrows over the CC logo. WHY? It will just sync when I'm not even using Adobe software, or even when every Adobe app is closed! I do not need that running in the background all the time. Please start fixing problems instead of introducing needless "great features". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines