Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Syncing never ending / doesnt stop / continuously going

Enthusiast ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have an issue with creative cloud syncing: It never ends. I only have around a thirty PDFs in my creative cloud folder. When I access the PDFs online, they are all there. However, the syncing is ongoing and never stops. It only stops when I delete all my files and folders within the creative cloud folder. I have left my PC on for two weeks now in the hope the syncing would finally come to an end. No chance, it is still syncing. I have a super fast internet connection, so 30 PDFs usually take seconds for me to up- or download.

This is cause for concern, as I am wondering what the hell Adobe is still syncing? It cannot be my PDFs since they are all synced already! Also, this is using my system resources and is putting a strain on my bandwidth!!

Can anyone explain to me:

1.) Why the Creative Cloud App is continuously syncing

2.) What is the app syncing (since my files are all uploaded already)

2.) What I can do to make it stop

I do not want to stop syncing altogether, I just want it to stop after my very minor changes are complete. That said, it does make me wonder if it is a good idea to let Adobe into my system in such a way, if things like this occur!

Any help is greatly appreciated... but please only respond if you know what your talking about!

Don't tell me to reinstall the app - I have done that!

Don't tell me to move files into another folder and then back - I have done that!

No need to tell me how to stop syncing altogether - I know how to do that!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Hey Walter,

I after reviewing your logs our engineering department was able to identify the cause. This issue will be fixed in a future update to the Creative Cloud app. I'm not sure when that will be, but hopefully some time soon.

Thanks for reporting it!

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 106 Replies 106
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Red Point,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. Thanks for the explanation of the issue and explaining what you've tried so far.

I have a few more questions for you:

- Could you confirm the version of the Creative Cloud app you have installed from the preferences?

- You mentioned you are on a PC, but I was curious what version? Windows 10, Windows 7, etc.
- Was it working before? Does this issue seems related to anything you're aware of, installing the latest update, etc.?

- Just to ensure I understand, what process did you go through to reinstall? Did follow specific kb article?

Thanks for info,
- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thank you for your very quick response! Here are the answers to your questions regarding my system:

1.) I am using Windows 10 Home (Version 1607 - OS Build 14393.351) in a 64 bit operational environment

2.) Creative Cloud App version is  3.9.1.335

3.) CCA installed / reinstalled on the 29th of October.

4.) What I did before this behavior occurred, was point the Adobe Creative Cloud folder to another location on my internal drive. Its currently pointing to the physical location H://Creative Cloud Files/Creative Cloud Files/. Can´t say for sure if there is a causal connection.

5.) CCA is running as a 32bit app. I understand this is normal behavior...

I do not recall which KB I was following, but it was a thread regarding continuous syncing (might have been a post from 2015 if I recall correctly). But as I mentioned already, it did not help, at least not with the two procedures I was following (moving files / folder and re-installing the app).

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Red Point,

I've reported the issue to the appropriate engineering team. Hopefully its something which we can get resolved soon.

Regards,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gotten feedback from engineering that this issue was resolved yesterday. Please reply back if you're still having sync issues.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David!

Unfortunately the issue is not resolved. I left it on for one week now, hoping the syncing would stop at one point. It keeps syncing the files over and over again.

Is there anything I can do to make it stop and make it behave normally?

Cheers, Walter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Walter,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. As a test could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud app and see if the behavior persists after doing so?

This article has a link to an uninstaller utility and where to download to install it again

Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

Please let me know if this helps,

Cheers,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

thank you again for your reply & suggestions. I have followed your instructions, uninstalled and then reinstalled the creative could app. It synced all my 233 files correctly, but then started to sync these 34 mysterious files again. It are these 34 files that are constantly synced over and over again. No idea what these files are? The first 233 where correct and correspond to the files I have in my local creative cloud folder. They were also synced first and relatively quickly. 

I have also checked if there are any oversize files in my folders, but the largest ones are only around 20 MB, so that cannot be causing it.

I also checked my archived and shared file folders, which are empty.

Is there maybe some database I can reset or delete locally which might be causing the problems? If only I could see which ghost files are currently being synced I could maybe narrow down the problem. But the creative cloud app does not show which files are currently being synced (which I think is actually a bad idea, especially for troubleshooting like in my case).

Any further help greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Walter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Walter,

Thank you for trying the reinstall. Sorry to hear it didn't help. I'll have our engineering check your account. It's often helpful for them to have log files from your system in some cases. Would you be able to collect and upload them in case they're needed?

Here is a link to an article about the tool with a link to download it.

Log Collector Tool

The tool will create a zip file on the desktop of all the log files. If you could upload zip to Creative Cloud files, enable it for download and share the link with me I'll pass it on to engineering.

Cheers,

- David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I just send you the link to my adobe log files.

Cheers, Walter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I have a similar issue with the never ending sync with no green or red markers appearing (OSX High Sierra)  I did all the steps explained here in the thread, that didn't solve the issue and finally tried to upload the log files to send you the link. Even that didn't work (see screenshot below), but when I tried to upload a very small file (150kb), it did work.

EDIT: It seems to have worked now and the file should be here: Adobe Creative Cloud

Is there any other way to send you the log files to see, what's happening here?

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 14.26.59.png

Best,

- Joakim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any response? I have send you the log file but still have not received any response!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Red Point, 

I just found your direct message with a link to the log files you sent on the 4th. Thank you following up. I accidentally missed them Thank you for following up again, I'll see what I can find out from them and let you know.

Sorry,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Walter,

I after reviewing your logs our engineering department was able to identify the cause. This issue will be fixed in a future update to the Creative Cloud app. I'm not sure when that will be, but hopefully some time soon.

Thanks for reporting it!

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I appreciate your help and I am happy to hear that you were able to fix the issue. Looking forward to the next update then...

Greetings,

Walter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Walter,

Engineering had a few additional questions when you have the chance.

• You said you tried moving the files out and then back again, this was just out of the Creative Cloud files folder within the H drive and then back again correct?
  • Does the issue persist if you change the location of the Creative Cloud Files folder from H drive back to the startup/C drive?
  • Do you have limited hard drive space in either the startup/C or H drive? Was that why you changed the location to the H drive?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

When I moved my Creative Cloud Files Folder, it was moved as a whole from one drive to the other (as far as I can remember). Not just the files and sub folder but the whole folder.

Hard Drive H is 4 TB in size with 2.5 TB free space (NTFS). I have done some research on my drive, which has a sleep function. It often takes time to spin up when accessed, which can cause an app to freeze momentarily. This is not a bug but a feature of the drive, I am told.

I moved the creative cloud files folder to H:, as my C: dive is a SSD drive with limited space, which can fill up quickly if used for storage purposes. As you know, SSD should primarily stay reserved for system files.

I have a D: drive, which does not have a sleep function. I also have space there, so I could move the creative cloud folder to that drive, if you want me to test that option.

Cheers,

Walter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information Walter! I appreciate your help!

I'll follow up with our engineering department and see if testing on the D would help and let you know.

Cheers,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Walter,

Yeah, if you could check if the issue happens on the D drive or not it would help us out. If you try and let us know how it goes that would be great. Thanks

Cheers,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I moved the Creative Cloud Folder from H: to D. Unfortunately, the continuous syncing issue is still there. Left it on overnight and it’s still syncing. It is going in cycles, once it uploads the 300 files, it starts again from 0 and so on.

I also have severe issues with Adobe Illustrator, as it opens 10-15 background instances of the same app and completely paralyses my system. Even the input of my keyboard becomes delayed. The Illustrator performance issue has been posted to Adobe a year ago, (Feb. 2015 the first time) and still hasn’t been fixed, which I consider seriously irresponsible. I know this is not the place to post Illustrator related issues, but I just want you to know, my frustration level is going into red and this little syncing issue is just one of many problems I am experiencing with Adobe lately. I also posted that my FTP settings are always reset when a new version of Muse comes out, which means I have to reenter 25 FTP settings over and over again. And again, completetly ignored by Adobe (I thinks I posted that issue 18 months ago the first time round) .

I am really starting to believe, that Adobe is experiencing a management problem. Some people on the forums are saying that these are the clear first signs, that Adobe’s monopoly is hurting the consumer. Adobe is also rolling out features way too quickly (Bigger is not Better in case you didnt hear that one before); When the support team nor the engineers can keep up with the problems, it’s a definite sign that Adobe needs to slow down developments and needs to start focusing their attention on stability and performance. 

Let me quote a forum member to that regard (whom I fully agree with): “This whole Illustrator soap is becoming increasingly tragic.” – I would like to extend his comments to the whole creative cloud experience and other apps as well. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2177667

I cannot understand why Adobe is introducing new features to apps, when the reliably & stability of existing apps and features has not been warranted. Every Adobe Manager should be FORCED to spend at least one to two days a month reading nothing but the posts in their own forums. That would put them back in touch with reality quickly.

Something Adobe needs urgently!!!!

PS: I feel like I am waisting my time on these forums, I really have other things to do. We are also not your Guinea Pig Test ground! Adobe should pay someone for doing that and not roll it onto us, the consumers. We are paying nearly 720 USD a year for a system that does not do what it is supposed to do. I dont want to rant, I just want these issues resolved!

Cheers

(and thanks Dave for helping me out here)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Walter,

Thank you for testing from the D: drive and sharing your feedback. I'm sorry for your frustration and to hear about all these other issues you've encountered with the various apps. I agree with you that the company should focus on ensuring the reliability and stability of existing apps before adding new features. The apps are constantly in a state of being improved and we do still go through the same prelease and bug testing processes for the apps like we always have (unless the app is specially is labeled otherwise). I don't know how systemic the issues you've encountered are, but would be curious to know. Most people that come to the forums do so because of problems, or questions, so what is seen here may not necessarily be representative of the average user experience. Do you have links to other forum threads you've posted on or case numbers for these other issues you mention? I'm happy to research and advocate for their resolution too. Like you, I too just want to see our issues get resolved.

Cheers,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I have the same issue the OP has and looking at the time stamps it's been over 2 years and this is still an issue?? The perma-sync bogs down my whole system, and internet connection gets sketchy in the process. I just want this stopped. I don't use the Creative Cloud for saving my files unless by accident. Far too problematic. Looking at my folder - There are NO files to sync.

Needless to say this is not acceptable, and extremely frustrating. I get it, you've got the market cornered. Where is the service and support? New, kitchy features don't help when these CC apps are still plagued by basic, stability issues.

FIX - Turn it OFF

** Turned off "File Sync" in the task bar Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, false alarm. Issue stayed.

Let PS warm up.. 15mins later I noticed any web based activity grinding to a halt. Looked at PS again and there it was, endlessly trying to sync files THAT DONT EXIST! I don't even use the creative cloud for various other functionality issues, and now this. I need this OFF!

Adobe Constant Crash.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

It's nice that you "want to see our issues get resolved."

I would like the same after more than a year this issue was posted... 

Cheers,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines