• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud TypeKit Fonts not loading or syncing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I can't get my fonts from TypeKit to show up in the Creative Cloud app and therefore can't use them in my Applications. I've tried closing Creative Cloud, restarting the computer, and nothing.  What can I do?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this!  Are you on OS X?  It sounds like the Creative Cloud desktop application is unable to write to one of the files on your machine, and so the option is turned off.  This usually only affects OS X machines, though.

If you are on OS X, run these steps to fix the problem:

1. quit the Creative Cloud desktop application

2. from the Go menu in the Finder, choose Go to Folder

3. paste in this path and click Go:

~/Library/Preferences/

4. In the window that opens, y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this!  Are you on OS X?  It sounds like the Creative Cloud desktop application is unable to write to one of the files on your machine, and so the option is turned off.  This usually only affects OS X machines, though.

If you are on OS X, run these steps to fix the problem:

1. quit the Creative Cloud desktop application

2. from the Go menu in the Finder, choose Go to Folder

3. paste in this path and click Go:

~/Library/Preferences/

4. In the window that opens, you should see a list of files including com.adobe.accmac.plist

5. click on com.adobe.accmac.plist and rename it com.adobe.accmac.plist.old. You'll be asked to confirm that you want to change the extension to .old.

6. start the Creative Cloud desktop application again.

If that doesn't help, or you are using Windows, please send us the recent log files from your computer at support@typekit.com and we'll look into it further:

help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/1649149#logs

Thank you,

— liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've ran into this problem, as well. This solution fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and this fixed it as well!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fixed! thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't fix it for me, I still have a spinning "Loading Adobe Fonts" circle in Creative Cloud when I try to go to Active Fonts - and I have an ad deadline to meet! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this is useful: after migrating from an intel iMac to a new M1 iMac, I saw the same spinning/never loading fonts issue.

What eventually solved it was going and getting Adobe's Cleaner Tool: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
and removing old versions of Adobe programmes. (Turns out there were some remnants going as far back as Creative Suite 4!).

I had the luxury of not worrying about losing older versions because they're still on the Intel iMac, but if you're wanting to keep more recent ones, you *may* only need to delete the much older versions.

For instance, Illustrator 2021 is glacial on the Intel but 2020 is good, so I was mostly working in 2020, hoping that at some point 2021 would get an update that would make it less of a dog. (FWIW, 2021 running M1 native seems pretty damn smooth!)

Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Extra notes:

I had also tried using the web version of Adobe's font management to deactivate all fonts. That didn't solve it, but I mention it in case it's part of the solution.

After using the cleaner tool, I downloaded the latest Creative Cloud desktop app from: https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/download/creative-cloud

And ran the installer, which I assume overwrote the Creative Cloud app I had.

That was the point where the fonts panel was actually working again. There is an option there to activate "previously active" fonts. So it was pretty easy to restore them (and probably not a bad thing to cull some of the 380+ fonts), or just activate as needed if updating old projects with certain fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hate to be the party pooper here, but this didn't fix things for me. Because I can't find the com.adobe.accmac.plist file in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines